“Disappointed”

Nikki's
Ranked #13 of 37 Restaurants in Carbondale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Enjoy a Warm Italian Welcome! Welcome to Ben-Mar Restaurante. Welcome to authentic Italian cooking of the kind that nourishes both body and spirit. Welcome to generous portions rooted in genuine hospitality. Welcome to our second and third generation family run business where we take pleasure in serving you the best. Ben-Mar's two banquet rooms offer accommodations for 10 to 130 guests. Perfect for weddings, bridal and baby showers, christenings, anniversaries, reunions, birthdays, graduations, after-funeral gatherings and other special occasions. Ben-Mar also offers Off-Site Catering. Our staff's goal is to ensure your satisfaction from start to finish. Our catering staff will be happy to assist you in planning your social event.
PA
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This restaurant is truly dated. The rug desperately needed to be replaced. Bathroom is also dated.
Our lunch was horrible. No taste what so ever.
Our waitress was pleasant.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MRP57

Carbondale, Pennsylvania, United States
“Consistent”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Probably the best and most consistent food in Carbondale. Absolutely the best service. Not too upscale, but nice with reasonable prices.

Visited March 2013
Hillside, New Jersey
“A really nice surprise.”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My daughter and son-in-law got my wife and me a gift certificate to Ben-Mars. We had passed it many times in the past, but never stopped in.

We decided to go with a group of friends (9 in total), had reservations, and were quickly seated when we arrived. The server was very knowledgable about the menu and offered great suggestions. From appetizers, salads and entrees, all the food was really quite good. Everyone raved about the taste and size of their entrees. Service during the meal was quick and attentive.

We will be back here again and again.

When you visit, there is ample parking in the back of the restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“Historic spot, nice menu, reasonable prices”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I met a friend at Ben Mar Restaurant for lunch. It's one of those places I've driven by a million times, but never stopped in. The building is historic, having been the D&H Canal company office building. The restaurant has been there since 1963.

It turned out to be a very pleasant lunch. We both had sandwiches.My friend had a house made chicken salad sandwich on a pretzel roll and I had Fresh Roasted Turkey on a wheat wrap with cranberry mayonnaise and lettuce. For dessert, we split a piece of coconut custard pie which was light and creamy. With a coffee and a hot tea, the bill was about $20.

Ben Mar serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. They are open 7 days a week. I wouldn't mind going back.

• Visited April 2012
DC Metro
“Great find!”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stopped here on a recommendation from a local. It doesn't look like much on the outside, but I was in for a real treat. The wait staff were friendly, helpful, and on top of things. I got refills promptly. The menu had so many choices and all looked appetizing so it was difficult to choose. I decided on the veal marsala and was glad I did. The flavor was incredible! The portions were very generous. It's hard to decides what was better, the food or the waitstaff!

• Visited September 2011