“Great find for the area”
Review of Merante Brothers Market - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Merante Brothers Market
Cuisines: Italian
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great find for the area”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This place has authentic Italian grocery items you can't find anywhere else in the area. I live in Pittsburgh, but come down to Washington Co. for business quite frequently. I don't cook much, and they have great prepared meals I can take with me and bake at home (lasagna, YUM!). Plus, they have a full deli. I've also taken clients to lunch in the restaurant. The cost may not be the least expensive, but it's very reasonable given the quality of the food. A true gem for the area!

Manton, Michigan
“Little Italy in historic Canonsburg, PA”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Right off the beaten path of I-79 just north of Canonsburg on West McMurray Road sits a small Italian Restaurant and Market. You can buy true Italian groceries, sausage, pasta, sauces, oils and deli food in the market and enjoy a great lunch inside or outside. Coming soon is a beer/wine cafe (about 3 weeks). This triple treat is all hooked together and it was fun browsing the market while waiting for lunch today. Restaurant provides Wood Fired Pizza (my next trip), sandwiches, soups, salads and of course several pasta dishes. Next time you are travelling down West McMurray or I-79 stop by and enjoy a fresh made sandwich or pasta by friendly staff. They are right across the street from the gold dome All Saints Greek Orthodox Church.

2 Thank Dale F
Pittsburgh, Pa
“"Unpleasant surprise"”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I like to support local businesses, so suggested to a friend that we have lunch here -had driven by several times and wanted to eat in the outdoor plaza while the weather is pleasant. We ordered a 10 inch pizza with vegetables - requesting cheese on only one half, a salad and two soft drinks. Our bill came to $27.11!!! There was so much oil on the pizza - we can only hope that it was a good quality olive oil. Overall, our dining experience was an unpleasant surprise.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Nice place”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Tastes like homemade. Great pasta, meatballs and sauce. Didn't try anything else on the menu. Great portion and price.

• Visited August 2013
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
“Sour lunch meats.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have been here twice and both time our lunch meat we bought was bad! We will never go back here again, it was a shame because I was very excited when I saw someone who sells Boar's Head lunch meats. I called and they said they switch the meats every week, I find that hard to believe with how bad it was just an hour after getting it from the deli. very disappointed in this place.

• Visited July 2013