“Service and Food Poor, but the Beer Was Good”
Review of On Deck Bar and Grill - CLOSED

On Deck Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Ok, I'm over 30 and not really looking to hook up, but could I get some service? It took some time to get assistance from the staff and while somewhat busy on a Thursday night, no one seemed to be in any hurry to serve. The menu itself is ridiculous, with a primarily sandwich and appetizer menu with names referencing movies and sports. The names of the sandwiches really didn't seem to have any real connection to the movies, they must of just thought it was a clever idea. I mean, I had "The Dude Abides" which was an egg, cheese and bacon on Italian bread. I've seen the Big Lebowski several times and I don't ever remember him eating an egg sandwich. By the way, It was average at best. Mostly this place looks like a singles bar and some of the staff appear to be spending much of their time chatting with friends. There are too many other choices in the area to get decent or better food, so skip this place.

1  Thank Rundgren52

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Wish the boyfriend would have picked anothnys pizza up the road instead! Went here once before to drink and ordered an appetizer, my friends already had ordered took 30hr just to get the waitress back over. Food was okay. Went back last night ordered to hamburgers $10.5 for a burger as small as mcdonalds: fries were good. Waitress was horrible! Got our drinks right away but took 15-20 mins to get her to come back to get our order. Only asked once if we needed anything and then took another 45 mins to come back. French fries were good that's about it. To pricey for what you don't get!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Place was clean ,food was good but very overpriced for the portion size. Would eat there again basically because of the taste of the food. Good place to hang out for drinks. Located at the edge of a lake so its very scenic.Run by none professional looking younger people but still very polite. If you don't mind spending a few extra bucks its worth the stop then you deceide if you would go back.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Honestly I think this is the first bad review I have ever written on tripadvisor. My wife and I were looking for somewhere for dinner after a long day. We had been to this restaurant previously when it was "table." We had good food at the previous restaurant and decided to give it a try. The place was LOUD, but I understand it was a Friday night and the atmosphere was clearly a much younger crowd than before, so I could handle that. We were told it was a 30 minute wait for a table. We said we would go to the bar and order a drink to wait. After ordering drinks, it was no more than 5 minutes later they said a table was available????? OK....we were then made to pay our bar tab before being seated. We were seated and waited.....and waited....and waited....you get the idea. A group of young ladies were seated at the table next to us about 15 minutes after we were seated. No less than 2 minutes after they sat down, they were being served....we were still waiting to even speak to an employee. The service was the worst I have experienced in quite some time. We simply got up and left....Won't be back and I suggest going somewhere else if you can.

2  Thank Rob M
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Table is now closed. On Deck Bar and Grill - a great new sports bar is now there. The menu is totally different than Table. There are huge grilled cheese hoagies - pizza (best in Canonsburg/Peters area) - hot dogs - salads - burgers and still the Pork Shank and several dinners to choose from. The new deck is beautiful - and the huge bar is fantastic. Go visit and see the changes. You will love it!!!