“Nice Hotel...if no wedding or reception.”

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Canonsburg
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We recently stayed as a free night provided by
Meadows Casino. Overall we were very happy
with the facility. There was a couple of minor
cleanliness details that needed addressed.
The main one was the inside of our room door.
It looked like someone threw some kind of liquid
on the door panel. Also there were a lot of hand
smudge marks all over it just not by the door knob.
The refrigerator had a to go container of Chinese
food and a water bottle left in it.

As with the airport Hilton, we recently stayed nearby,
there was still a musty odor coming from the wall A/C
heating unit. Not near as bad but still needed cleaned.
I worked 30 yrs in building maintenance and this is an
often overlooked routine maintenance item. Some motels
in the southern states it's so bad you have to ask for a
different room.The room was very clean otherwise and the
staff was great.

The worst thing is the weddings or receptions. If you are
not there to be in one or attend the reception, 3 total this
past Saturday, the drunken screaming and door slamming
in the middle of the night is ridiculous and affects the quality
of your night sleep.

I don't know what it is about people that get married and the
drunks that attend and stay that make them feel entitled to
be annoying and disturb other guests at the hotel. This is a
reflection of poor character and lack of respect for other people.
Hotels should enforce a policy after 12AM.

I would stay again BUT would check on the wedding/reception
schedule before booking my stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rebecca H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn. We appreciate the constructive information you provided and have followed up with team members so that we can improve our guests’ experience.

We know you have a choice of where you can stay and we thank you for choosing us. We do hope you come back and try us again.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised. The room was large, very clean and the temperature was easily adjustable. Actually, the BED was also adjustable. That was a nice touch and the first time I've very played with the firmness of a bed. I was very happy with the pool and gym area. It was kept very clean and I spent quite a while utilizing both facilities. I also enjoyed the free newspaper (gosh, I HOPE it was free). The only downside is breakfast is not complementary and there aren't any other places to grab food in the area. The front desk staff is top notch! Overall, I was happy with my stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Sarah K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for writing such a lovely review about our property. I'm very pleased to here you enjoyed your stay. The newspapers are complimentary but the breakfast is not. However it is an all you can eat buffet! Again thank you for the comments. I hope you get the chance to visit again soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here for a family wedding in a block of rooms. It was clean and comfortable as you would expect from this chain of hotels. We arrived late at night and had not had dinner yet...the restaurant attached to the hotel was closing so we had to drive a few miles for food (it was a wing place down the road...I don't recommend it), room service wasn't available. The hotel is in a corporate plaza on top of a hill with nice views. Doesn't seem like there is much to do in the immediate area but we drove into downtown Pittsburgh one day to sight see and it took about 30 minutes. Overall, it is nothing special but we enjoyed the stay and would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Sarah K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for sharing information about your stay at our property. The wing property has been renovated under new management (The BLVD) If your in the area again you may want to give it a second chance. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back and visit again.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend with my husband's family. We had a dozen rooms reserved for two/three nights and also had the rehearsal dinner in one of their banquet rooms. The dinner food was very good. The hotel is big, clean, and a very nice place to stay. The breakfast was plentiful, but not included in the room fee. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Sarah K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as your meals. Thank you for taking the time to share you experience. We would love to have you stay anytime.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We normally stay in Washington PA hotel and travel to Latrobe, PA and the Pittsburgh area on our vacation each year. This year all the hotels were booked up in Washington, PA because of local Concerts and a Gas Workers conference. So we thought we would head further north on US 79 to find a hotel. Shortly after we got off US 70 on to US 79 we saw a sign for Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel is in a very quiet Technology area, also located near a beautiful Golf Course (Southpointe Golf Club), I also noticed a Spay and Salon close by. Everything was wonderful until later that evening when I came out into the hallway and smelled cigarette smoke :( I had assumed this was a non-smoking facility but I called the front desk and they said on the second floor near our room (#253) are smoking rooms. They sent up somone to plug in an ionizer, and at least we never smelled the smoke in our room but did smell it in the hallway again the next moring. We plan to visit the hotel again in the future but will request another floor or to be place at the opposite end of the hallway as we are not smokers. Other than that it would have been the perfect say! My husband loved the breakfast they provide, and the front desk staff are nice. The ladies who take care of the rooms greeted us with a smile every morning! These ladies do a fantastic job and are so very friendly and made us feel at home and accommodated us sleeping in late, they came back to clean the rooms and didn't make us feel bad about it, they are wonderful :) Thanks Ladies!

Room Tip: If you don't like smoking, make sure to avoid rooms on the second floor, from around room 240 up...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Rebecca H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear AnnJ8899

We are so very happy you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We thank you for your feedback as it will be used to improve on all of our guests experiences. Have an amazing day.

Go Black and Gold!!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We try to stay at the HGI whenever we are passing through the area. It is a quiet gem, on the hill off the Interstate. The weekend rates are low making it very attractive. This time we had a great meal at Jackson's outside on the patio. The beds are comfortable. My only complaint was the noisy AC unit, thankfully it cooled off that evening so I turned it off.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Sarah K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to express your kind words about the hotel. I am glad you enjoy coming back to stay with us. Jacksons does update it's menu every three months so you can always try something new. The patio is a nice treat when the weather is nice. Come back and see again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here on a trip to Ohio.The property was clean and up on a nice hill with views.

The front staff were polite and helpful.

The room was a bit dated compared to other HGI locations that I have stayed in, but everything was clean and as it should be.

There was a wedding the evening I stayed(Saturday) but that function was at the back of the hotel and did not interfere with any other hotel functions.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Sarah K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Canonsburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - Southpointe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh SW - Southpointe
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Bridgeville
Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh South
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe? Share your experiences!