Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - Southpointe
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Canonsburg
Ohio
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I stayed at this property for 2 nights a birthday clebrattion/get-away with family. The entire staff from the front desk to cleaning to breakfast attendants were wonderful. They were attentive and friendly and demonstrated customer service at its best.

We chose this location as it was in between downtown Pittsburgh and Washington, PA. Since we had 7 in our party we all wanted to do things in those 2 areas and settled on Canonsburg. The town of Canonsburg itself offered Sarris candy shop, a great place for the whole family and a Statue of Perry Como as that is where he was from. The town clock plays a Perry Como song every hour on the hour. Our mom, the birthday girl, loved it as she is a fan.

The hotel is newer and very well maintained. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. From the granite countertops in the kitchen and bath to the flat screen tv's and tasetful funishings and the 7 plush pillows on the bed, everything in the room was perfect.

The pool was great with a nice jacuzzi and the outdoor seating area was inviting. A shuttle for the Meadows Casino operates daily with extended hours for the weekend. It was only 10 dollars roundtrip and the casino gives you 10 dollars in play back so it was well worth it. That casino is only about 8 miles away in Washington,PA but the shuttle was a nice way to get there with no worries.

They have board games in the dining area, and a basketball court for family fun too.

Breakfast was above average both days. Sausage, eggs, pastries, cereal, waffles, breads, muffins, potatos, yogurts, juice, coffee. The best part of all was the selection of fresh fruit. Grapes, strawberries, aplples and bananas. It was busy yet the staff did a great job keeping everything replenished. One breakfast employee heard us singing happy birthday and even brought over a muffin with a birthday candle. As I said, customer service at its best.

Once again, I can not say enough good things about this property but it was the great staff and outstanding customer service that made our trip even better. I would reccomend it for families or for business travelers alike.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
jmiller5, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - Southpointe, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on our property. We always like to receive positive feedback from our guests. We take every guest request and comment sincerely to try and better all of our guests' experiences. We look forward to your future stays with us and if you should have any needs or questions please don't hesitate to contact our hotel. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Kirkwood, New York
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We traveled to the area because my MIL was having surgery nearby -- so this wasn't really a vacation experience. All we were looking for was a room fairly close to the hospital that would feed us breakfast. We were not disappointed. The hotel itself is in a "neighborhood" that consists of a golf course, many businesses (think industrial park) and cookie cutter housing. Not sure how to really describe it. The setting is very pleasant and the area is quite. Not too much of interest in the immediate area.

I really enjoy staying at a suite based hotel when traveling. Our room had all the amenities expected. The room was clean and nicely appointed. My only complaint with the room was that the air conditioning unit in the bedroom was a bit loud -- not sure if they are all like that our if the one in our room was just having some sort of issue. Other than that, the bedroom was very comfortable. (Nice mattress, an assortment of pillows and a nice flat screen TV.) The bathroom was appointed with Neutrogena products which I really liked.

The breakfast spread was fairly diverse. A little something for everyone. One thing that I noted was that all of the food that was in the warmers wasn't too warm. That went for the dinner time meals also. The temperature of that food concerned us a bit so we stayed away from the "hot" foods. Other than that, we were satisfied with the food provided.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debcav
Lidkoping, Sweden
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I'm staying in this hotel as I'm writing this, and thanks to their complimentary WiFi and complimentary dinner I am able to write this review in the comfort of my own room while enjoying a really nice meal at the same time. Everything so far has been great. Super friendly staff at check-in, great breakfast (also complimentary) and they even offered me a ride to our office, about a mile away, for free! The rooms are impeccable. I have 2 flatscreen 32" HD TV's in my room, a big comfortable bed, a kitchen, bathroom, couch, coffee maker, coffee, popcorn(!), pretty much everything you need to feel at home.
And everything is really nice and clean, I think the hotel can't be more than a year old.
I highly recommend it for anyone staying in the region!

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
US
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I was extremely impressed with the Homewood Suites Southpointe hotel when I stayed there for business recently. It is new, clean, and the rooms (even the most basic rooms) are spacious and well appointed. The kitchenette in my room had granite counters, a stove, a full size refrigerator, and a microwave. The LCD HD TV was great and the bed was extremely comfortable. I used the business center and workout facility and they were both very good as well. Finally, the staff is very friendly (with one exception) and goes out of their way to smile, talk to you, and ask how you're doing. The folks who run the complimentary breakfast and manager's receptions are fantastic. The only negative was one front desk clerk whose name started with "J" that seemed snotty and uninterested in helping. But, of course, everyone is entitled to a bad day. Overall, 5 stars and very highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 21, 2010

This hotel is not in Pittsburgh, it at Southpointe, which is about 20 miles from Pitt. SP is a business area with lots of offices and HQs so I guess it makes sense if you have work in the area. I had work at Canonsburg, about 2 miles from here and so stayed here.

The hotel is not in any GPS system as its spanking new, must be a few months. Call the hotel before hand and ask them for the GPS address or else you wont be able to find it very easily. The hotel is at the far end of southpointe at a deadend road. Location is not the best as there are no eating options around. If you want to get some food it would be a few miles drive before u can get options. The mall is about 6 miles away and Pitt is 20 miles. So location is not that great.

Hotel is spanking clean and very new. Great front desk staff, very friendly. They have complimentary breakfast and Mon-Thurs is managers reception where there is limited dinner along with beer and wine complimentary. Not many hotels do this.

Room was large, i had a regular king suite. Large room with a study desk, sofa and flat screen TV in living room. A small kitchenette is also next to living with refrigerator, stove, microwave etc. Room is decent size with another flat screen TV.

I had 2 main problems with the hotel. One, the high speed internet was barely high speed. In this day and age u cant call 512 KBPS high speed. its just internet. It would make sense if they charge 10 bucks but give an option to get real high speed. So those who want basis services can use the free slow net and high users can pay for it.

Second, there was a card at the bedside which said that we will change the sheets and linens every 3 days but if u want it changed daily put the card on the pillow. I put the card daily but daily they had the same sheets? How did I find out. The sheets had lots of creases on the side, which appears when its been slept on. So they did not change it even though I opted for it. This was not good. If they say they should, then they should.

Overall I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
United States
Reviewed November 16, 2009

The hotel is VERY clean, very nice, very accessible, close to many attractions and has a full menu of ammenities. We had a large group function and it could not have been better! The hotel manager: Doug, Banquet/Sales manager: Lisa, and the ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC help of Sharon and Tim made our stay and party a huge success. They went above and beyond to make our stay an enjoyable one and one that we will always remember. It was top notch! We had a function for over 60 people and it was GREAT! The function was scheduled from 5:30pm- 11:30pm. It was the first time at one of our functions that we still had 90% of the group at 11:30pm. They could not believe what a wonderful place it was and how helpful the staff was. They provided an excellent food selection and the food was great!!! It was 110% successful and we will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed November 2009
Falls Church, Va
Reviewed November 12, 2009

This is a brand new Homewood Suites. It had a great layout with modern furnishing and nice plasma TVs. The gym and pool/spa are great. The breakfast was great. Service at the front desk was pretty good although they are still new employees. The only problem is my GPS couldn't find the place because it was so new! Overall an excellent hotel and value.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canonsburg
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh SW - Southpointe
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh South/Meadows Racetrack & Casino
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Bridgeville
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands
Cambria hotel & suites
Cambria hotel & suites
#5 of 20 in Washington

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - Southpointe? Share your experiences!