“Great Accomodations at a Good Price”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - Southpointe
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Canonsburg
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Comfortable spacious rooms, nice exercise facility, indoor pool, deluxe breakfast buffet and quiet location at a reasonable price. We stayed there on a Friday and Saturday night to attend a wedding and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 14, 2011

My husband and I were in Pittsburgh visiting family and friends. My daughter and her family were coming with us, so we wanted to find a hotel that would accomodate all of us. I found the perfect solution with a 2 bedroom suite at Homewood Suites. There was an equipped kitchen and a living room too. The living area separated the bedrooms so we each had plently of privacy. Each bedroom had it's own bathroom. All the rooms were very modern with flat screen TVs in each area and the beds were comfortable. The decor of the suite was up to date and the kitchen even had a dishwasher. My only complaint about the room was that the living room couch and carpet needed to be cleaned as there were stains on both. The hotel offered a hot breakfast every morning. I would recommend this hotel because it's modern and the staff was courteous and friendly. The rate was a good value too considering all that we got for the price.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
jmiller5, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - Southpointe, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate and welcome all feedback. I'm glad we were able to accomodate your family with the space and privacy of our two bedroom suites. Thank you for bringing the carpet cleaning issue to our attention so that we might resolve it. I hope we are your choice again in the future when you come to visit your friends and family again.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I was in town for a wedding and the staff was very freindly and got me to my room quickly. I met several employees while there and they were all very polite and always asked how my stay was going. I had a key expire on my second night there and the gentelman working the desk very late at night escorted me to my room to make sure I could enter with my new key. He was friendly and courtious. I will return there on my next stay if rooms are available. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking your time to write such a wonderful review. It is always good to know the staff is friendly at all hours of the day and night. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you had an enjoyable time at the wedding and we look forward to accomodating you again in the future!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our wedding guests recently stayed at this hotel and were very impressed by the cleanliness, spaciousness, and attention to our comfort. This was achieved at a very affordable price.

Our guests said they could have stayed there a month comfortably. Very quiet. Good breakfast, and our early guests were also treated to a complimentary dinner one night!

We highly recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms were excellent. For about $20 extra, you had the advantage of two rooms, instead of one. E...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - Southpointe, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear Diane789,

It was our pleasure to host your wedding group and we are thrilled to hear they enjoyed the hotel and services. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 21, 2011

We loved the room size and home-feel style of it. The little things did not go unnoticed: glassware, coffee mugs, silverware, and real plates not only in the the suite but also with the buffet breakfast. The breakfast was,bar-none, the best for all the hotels we have stayed at where breakfast is included. Also, the microwave popcorn is an added touch on making one feel 'at home'.

Our only concern was the isolation of the hotel. Having read previous trip-advisor reports on this property, we were expecting this. However, having just ridden 8 hours on motorcycles and being very tired, hot, and hungry, the last thing we wanted to do was unload our gear, shower, and get dressed back into our riding clothes to go and grab a meal. From a previous Homewood Suite stay for business, I was hoping that the dinners would be included but didn't realize until we got to this hotel on a Saturday that this service was provided only during the week. Shame. That service is what puts your hotels a huge notch above the others.

In all, would stay again, but if driving a 4-wheeled vehicle instead of 2. Loved the value for the dollar. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - Southpointe, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Dear WayneNHez,

Thank you for your very kind review of your recent stay at Homewood Suites. We appreciate your gracious comments and taking the time to write it! We are sorry about the confusion on the evening meal but do hope you enjoyed the complimentary breakfasts. We are glad your visit with us was overall a good one!

Wishing you safe travels,

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed here for one night while visiting Pittsburgh for the weekend. The hotel can be a bit hard to find as it's located in a corporate office park type area. It's a bit of a drive to the city but not too bad. Being a Hhonors elite member, I got upgraded to a end-unit suite. It was one of the best hotel rooms I've eve stayed in (and I've stayed in a lot!). It was HUGE with full kitchen, top of the line appliances, granite counter tops, and flatscreens TVs with HD in each room. Everything was new and nicely decorated.

Pros:
Awesome suites
Large gym and swimming pool
Friendly staff

Cons:
Elevators were painfully slow
Breakfast spread wasn't the greatest / dirty plastic utensils
Location can be difficult to find

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely return on a future trip to Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - Southpointe, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Hi tranman387,

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel suites and staff. We'd also like to thank you for the feedback about our elevators and breakfast area. Your feedback will help us to address these areas and provide better service in the future. We hope you will consider staying with us if you return to the area.

Thanks!

Reviewed August 6, 2011

What a great hotel. Everything about our experience was positive: clean and comfortable rooms with a great deal of space. This hotel is very well built so you don't hear any noise at night. Another great feature for us was how friendly everyone was. This is a hotel that either hires properly and/or provides extensive training on how to treat the customer right. My only regret was not being able to stay longer. Kudos to everyone who works at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank habsfan93
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - Southpointe, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Hi habsfan93,

Wow, what a great review! We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff. We hope to see you again soon if you return to the area. Thanks!

Heather Harris

Also consider these accommodations in or near Canonsburg
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh SW - Southpointe
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Bridgeville
Cambria hotel & suites
Cambria hotel & suites
#6 of 20 in Washington
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh South/Meadows Racetrack & Casino

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - Southpointe? Share your experiences!