“Unfortunate”

El Campesino
Ranked #13 of 74 Restaurants in Canonsburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Used to be one of our favorite places. The food was fresh and tasted authentic. About 2 months ago, went there and the menu changed and so did every thing else. Food tasted reheated and cooked with NO heart. Drinks were watered down, staff was unenthused. Something changed and it unfortunate. I probably will give it one more chance and if the encounter is the same, NO MAS

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I love Mexican food. We went here off a recommendation from one of his colleagues that it's one of the best places to eat. We were both highly disappointed. The service was fine. We went on a Friday night.

The food, however, was anything but authentic. I ordered fish tacos, which is one of my favorite Mexican dishes. They didn't even taste like fish tacos. I'm not even sure if there was fish in the tacos. My boyfriend ordered the chicken mole. He said that it was really salty. None of the food we ate tasted home made. I would not go so far as to say it's worse than Taco Bell. However, it's about only 1 step up from crummy non-authentic Mexican food.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

How places like this exist and even flourish is astounding to me. Guacamole tastes like it came from Sam's Club. If you want Mexican, great Mexican, and authentic Mexican, keep driving past this place and find Los Chiludo's in Southpointe. The burritos are the size of a meatloaf, and taste much better.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

If you're wanting the typical mexican menu, this place is for you. Everything else was pretty disappointing. Chips, service, seating, wait times... While I wasn't expecting top notch food and service with menu items under $7, I did expect that my food be served at least room temperature and not cold. While I don't regret eating here because of the price, I won't be coming back anytime soon...

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Food was very poor quality and service was just as bad. I had their beef burrito, the beef was watered down tasting. Very little beef in the burrito and it was extremley small.