“Excellent food in a B&B!”

My Daughter's Place
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Canadensis
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located At The Brookview Manor Inn In Canadensis, Pa
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at the Brookview Manor and one night ate at the restaurant. The food was excellent and the atmosphere homey. You actually eat out on an enclosed (screened in) porch or living room area of the large home. The staff is wonderful and friendly and you can't go wrong with anything on the menu.
Well worth the stop!

2  Thank first-tymer

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Really shocked how good the food was considering it's the restaurant in a Bed and Breakfast. Cool atmosphere that felt classy but warm at the same time. Would go again!

3  Thank DaveBeeTree
Reviewed March 4, 2013

we had dinner here two nights in a row the first night i had the chicken abby which is thin spaghetti and lightly crispy chicken i did the oil and garlic sauce it was good it wasnt on the menu my boyfriend had this seafood chowder well thats what it looked like to me and he said it was amazing the following day we had breakfast eggs and waffles with homemade muffins to start with OMG the chocolate and banana were AMAZING that night i had the teryiaki tenerlion instead of the potatoe i had the pasta which was great i cleaned my plate it was the perfect amount the beef was cooked and seasoned to perfection i didnt need to add anything that night my boyfriend had a catch of the day soup which he really enjoyed and it was big we finished it off with a cookie dessert which was also amazing it just melted the ice cream and whipped cream it tasted homemade.
we had gerogi has our waitress which she was amazing very attentive and knew exactly what to recommend down to the wine it was just a great relaxing atompshere.

1  Thank nuevamaria
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had a terrific time when we stayed at the Brookview Manor B&B...and one of the very BEST parts was the food at My Daughters Place. We ate there three times and tried something different every time. The shrimp in pesto sauce was really, really good. And I truly enjoyed the chicken breast filled with cheese and wild rice. Yummm! My husband had the "Figgy Piggy" which was a pork dish with a fig leaf wrap...he thought it was terrific. The only thing we didn't think was amazing was the turtle lava cake...it was a bit dry and could have used more gooey syrup. But that was a small thing compared to everything else. The owners are such fun people and our waitress (Georgie) was a doll! She was a lot of fun to talk to and knew something about nearly everything!
Because we were also staying there, we had breakfast each morning and had some of the best "real" pancakes we've ever had. Marty - owner/chef did a terrific job with it all!
We went just after Hurricane Sandy had "blown through" so they were working with a generator - which made it even more impressive.

We would absolutely recommend this to anyone heading in their direction. The Poconos were even more wonderful because of this lovely restaurant!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

All dishes we had here were excellent over our three night stay at the B&B it is attached to. Scallops, shrimp pesto, chicken...all fabulous!