“Fantastic food!”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located At The Brookview Manor Inn In Canadensis, Pa
Reviewed November 4, 2012

All dishes we had here were excellent over our three night stay at the B&B it is attached to. Scallops, shrimp pesto, chicken...all fabulous!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We just spent 2 nights at the Brookview Manor. We had dinner at the Inn's restaurant called My Daughter's Place. It was nothing short of wonderful. The setting is very intimate and the food is amazing. Marty is the cook and he is a superior chef! I had the 'figgy piggy" and it was one of the best meals I have ever had. There is also a small bar area if you wish to have a cocktail either before or after dinner.

1  Thank USAWorldTraveler10
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We did not expect such a delicious and sophisticated meal in a small town in the Poconos. My husband had a cioppino that may have been the best we've ever had (and we're from Seattle); I had a rich wild salmon with blue cheese that seems at odds, but tasted fantastic! Combine all this with friendly service and a lovely setting--Can't be Beat!
We'll be back at our first opportunity--
R&D O'Connor

1  Thank OConnor001
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the Brookview Manor to celebrate our anniversary. It was a great stay, great hosts and beautiful rooms. We ate at some other local restaurants the first two nights because of various reviews. Friday night we finally at at My Daughter's Place and got very upset that we didn't eat there sooner! Needless to say the rest of the weekend we did not go any further than My Daughter's Place right downstairs. It was amazing!!! Romantic, secluded, great cocktails, exquisite food and very affordabe. I don't know why anyone eats anywhere else in town. The first night we had the Cioppino, Braised Short Ribs and Alligator. Finishing off with hot lava cakes. The second night we sampled the French Onion Soup, Scallops, Sesame Duck and Figgy Piggy. We took some of Marty's homemade chocolate cheesecake up to our room for later. YUM! I highly recommend this restaurant and B&B. Can't wait to go back in the summer and dine outside on the porch.

1  Thank Cyle A
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Went to a rehearsal dinner here and the food was ok. The service was pretty bad. They never refreshed drinks even though the bride and groom were paying for an open bar. The owner even came over to demand who was going to pay for the two additional guests that I guess got added last minute and the bride's mother gave over her credit card. Setting was nice, but a little tight with the seating. It was alright since there's really nothing else around, but not worth the trip.

1  Thank JAJK