“Peaceful Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canadensis
Martinville Streamside Cottages
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“Peaceful Getaway”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stumbled upon Martinville Streamside Cottages by accident. What a gem we found in the little town of Canadensis. We stayed in The Love Shack, which was clean and comfortable with a beautiful babbling brook running alongside it. We had a deck overlooking the brook and a private yard with our very own fire pit. The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed and we even had a fireplace! Definitely a cozy, warm, and lived-in kind of place and that was just what we were looking for!
Molly and her family were very friendly and accommodating hosts! We are definitely going back!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Rose D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed January 27, 2014

It's like a private little home away from home. It had everything we needed and more. Complete kitchen, small dining table, wood burning fireplace and 1 bedroom with full bath. The wrap around deck over- looking the stream was priceless. Having that view and the sound of the stream was amazing. If you are expecting a 5 star resort with down bedding, plush accommodations go elsewhere. This place has a lived in feel with cozy used furnishing. It was clean, comfortable, charming & very quiet. Can't wait to go back when the weather is warmer so we can really enjoy the sound of the stream. The family that runs this place is so friendly too.

Room Tip: All the cottages offer something different. from 1-3 bedrooms. Some have wood burning fireplaces...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank dawn o
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the river side cottage and it was horrifying. I had the chance to look at other cottages on site but all did not fit my standards. The cottages smelt of dirty and still air, the water from the faucets smelt nasty. Your hands smelt like dirty rust been after washing your hands. The bathrooms and decor was nasty. Long story short, I stayed one night and I used my sandals the whole time and did not shower and I was so afraid when I slept in there bed. I needed to have a few drinks in order to stay at the cottage. I definitely down graded staying there. The place would be good if they rebuilt brand new cottages.

• Stayed October 2013
7 Thank Mstango2388

Travelers are raving about these Canadensis hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have to say we love Martinville Streamside cottages. Very clean, quiet, people around friendly. My family told me that this place will be our favorite place to go for summer vacation. I cant wait to back next year with my family and my new baby. The only bad things I can say is not WIFI and the water smell a little bit but other then that great place. We stayed at Love Shack Cottage.
Olivia C

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed in the newest tree top room. Here is what we liked: very convenient location to skytop lodge, nice stream sound outside, response to the issues we had, pool was clean.
What we didn't like: stove gas leak, poor maintenance of building, appliances and interior decorating, air conditioner was in one of the bedrooms only - had to sleep with the doors open to avoid melting, water smelled, not much public area to use, beds rolled to the middle.
Maybe the separate cabins are better.....we considered it luxury camping, and at 250/day, a poor value.

Room Tip: NA - I don't recommend tree top in the middle of summer
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Mike D
reading, pa
Reviewed July 8, 2013

July 4th weekend- stayed here for a wedding at Skytop. Decided to stay here due to pool and didn't want to pay for enclusive price a Skytop. I think this was still a little overpriced. Place was clean. Very basic- but bed was comfortable and AC worked. WiFI did not work, not coffee cups in room. Pool was small but nice. There are several cottages around the stream. We stayed in 1 bedroom on second floor of main house called the Blue Heron room.
Did i mention there is a For Sale sign out front?

Room Tip: Friends staying in the cottages along the creek had mixed reviews.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kateReading_Pa
Scranton
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family and i recently stayed at Martinville Streamside Cottages on July 31, 2012. We stayed in the Brook cottage which is a three bedroom with loft cabin. It was nicely air conditioned when you walk in. Everything was very clean, bathrooms smelled like citrus and were cleaned well. (thats always a plus) also the beds and towels were very fresh and good smelling. I travel around to different hotels a lot and i always inspect everything very closely. My family and i had a great time, right when you walk out the freshwater lake is right there where you can apparently swim and use the red canoe. Now i wasn't going to swim in it but other girls were. My kids had a blast around the whole woodsy property, exploring all the woods and different things. Molly and i believe Roland her husband were two wonderful people helping you with whatever you need. We definitley need more people in the world like Molly and Roland. I loved how nice everybody was which made me feel very comfortable. They have excellent chambermaid service which was definitley a bonus having our cottage freshened up. The Brook Cottage was a great choice to stay and i guarantee i will be coming back very soon to stay in a different cabin to see if it was as nice as Brook. I give Martinville Streamside Cottages five of my stars.

Room Tip: I only stayed in the Brook cottage, so i would recommend that.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tommy606
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canadensis
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
The Frogtown Inn
The Frogtown Inn
#2 of 3 in Canadensis
Crescent Lodge & Country Inn

Been to Martinville Streamside Cottages? Share your experiences!