“My daughter's SWEET 16 Party was a HUGE success!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Radisson Hotel Harrisburg
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Camp Hill
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“My daughter's SWEET 16 Party was a HUGE success!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I held my daughter's Sweet 16 party at the Radisson Hotel Harrisburg over the weekend and it was a smashing success! Catering Sales Manager Elizabeth Agar and her staff showed us amazing hospitality and met our every need! The cake table and the food serving stations were set up beautifully. The staff kept the food and beverage stations well stocked for our 70 guests. The whole event was a success from start to finish. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JohannaJ2425

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Lancaster, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had the best customer service every morning at breakfast Amanda our server. Not only did she greet me with a smile every morning at breakfast, but she also kept my coffee mug full, and that is a major plus.
Thank you Amanda for your great service

Room Tip: choose the remolded rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jennifer W
Pittsgrove, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

A hotel without an elevator and with a second door accessing the parking lot sounds a little like a motel. Only some rooms on the lower floor seemed to have this outside door. Being seniors, It was tough moving our bags down and up the stairs. Thr room was comfortable and the bed was very good. Room was clean as was the hotel. The staff was very friendly. Rates were very good. Our breakfast buffet was good, but not memorable. Small things like no sugar on the table and door keys that needed several tries to work did not go unnoticed. However, it was a good stay for the price, and if you are looking for a stopover place to stay I would recommend this Radisson.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the main floor to avoid carrying bags up or down stairs. There are no elevators!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Smyrna, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed one night here while visiting the Great American Outdoors show. The room is very nice and very clean. The sleep number bed is ok I am not a fan of them personally. Pillows are very soft so if you need a firm pillow bring your own. The doors on the side of the building do not lock like they are said to so anyone can walk in without a key card. It is very noisy the walls are thin. We checked in around 10pm and the staff was very nice. The room we stayed in had a king size bed small fridge nice size flat screen tv. Desk and was very roomy. No microwave, you can request one for an additional charge. I would stay here again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I got married in the State Capitol Rotunda on May 25th, 2013 and had our reception in the Governor’s Ballroom at the Radisson Hotel Harrisburg in Camp Hill. On a spur-of-the-moment visit on February 4, 2012, my parents and I first met Neil Hodes. He stopped everything he was doing, which included working a huge event in the main ballroom, and met with us. And that was the beginning of the beginning….
From that day forward, Neil was my go-to guy…from actual wedding-related issues to stressed-out bride breakdowns, I found myself calling Neil with any and all of my victories and defeats. He talked a big game and lived up to every single expectation, then surpassed them. He is patient and attentive, crossed every “t” and dotted every “i”.
As any bride, groom, mother-of-the-bride, or bridesmaid knows, planning a wedding can bring out the best and the worst in people. Neil took the reins and made everything effortless. He nailed every detail from coordinating arrival times with our vendors to making sure the blinds were turned in such a way that the sunset did not shine in our guests’ eyes to keeping me on the ball with checklists and deadlines. He was there for every visit, he answered every question without hesitation, he joined us for our tasting, and was the first face I saw at the hotel the morning of our wedding to make sure everything was in place. He became a friend, a therapist, comic relief, and a voice of reason.
My first instinct was to stay away from a hotel reception; we’re quirky and different and I didn’t want to do something run of the mill. Buuut, my husband’s family lives in New Jersey so we had a lot of out-of-town guests. “It all made sense.” Which is something I hate hearing….but after hearing perk after perk, after perk, after perk…I would have been insane to go anywhere else. The package that the Radisson offers is unbelievable, both affordable and high-quality. I was picky (understatement of the century) about the type and quality of the flowers, the flavor and appearance of the cake, the atmosphere of the entire room. Every idea I had and every special request I made was met and exceeded and all within the package that was offered. Everyone (me, my husband, my parents, his parents) had a say in the little details and they were able to accommodate everyone’s desires. The customer service we received was outstanding and the rooms were to die for…once again affordable and beautiful at the same time! The food? THE FOOD!!! Our guests are still raving about the food….anything and everything you can order off the menu is mouthwatering. The room was meticulous; everything placed perfectly, clean and neat, not a thing out of place. And I didn’t have a care in the world. The location is perfect, right in the heart of everything; minutes from Harrisburg and any major highway. Not a single guest had trouble finding it or getting settled into their cozy room. It really has it all……
Coming back to Neil, he became my wedding planner and my right-hand man. He gave me fantastic advice and thought of everything I needed, wanted, and might need to consider. When I look back on my wedding day, I realize how little I paid attention to all of those insanely important details that I obsessed over for months…but it was all there and I had nothing to worry about. And I have Neil and the Radisson to thank for that. All I had to do was marry my best friend and soak it all in. If I could do it all over again, I would do it all exactly the same. If you are looking for phenomenal customer service, an unbeatable package, a beautiful setting, and a “Wedding Wizard”…the Radisson has it. They had an immeasurable impact on the most important day of my life and I will be forever grateful for EVERYTHING that they did for me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jillian K
Jeff S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Harrisburg, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Radisson I thank you for your wonderful comments. It was certainly our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you. I am pleased that Neil made the planning of your special day effortless & memorable for you, he takes great pride in making that occur. I will be sure to share your comments not only with Neil but also the entire staff. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I needed to come in for a visit for the Grantham area and the location of this was only a 10 min drive. We received a warm reception, beautiful newly renovated rm - beds were Sleep#. Our rm was very quiet - esp with it not being right on the roads like other hotels nearby. The ball/ conference rooms are fully sufficient for entertaining or corporate needs. As others have commented it is going through updates, but it promises to be a winner location. I really appreciated the location of it being minutes from the turnpike but easier to drive to my destination instead of crossing the river or dealing w/I-83

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have stayed at this particular hotel at least 15 times. Actually, the food in the restaurant has always been good, especially their burgers, which I just love. However, the decor was a bit dated. I was pleased that recently they updated the rooms with a more modern decor, great reading lights on each side of the bed (more like small, targeted reading lights that are just perfect), and nicer TV sets. Even the toiletry items have been updated. I typically am there for a conference and this time I was again. The food at the conference was excellent.

They also have Sleep Number beds and the beds are comfortable.

The nice point about this hotel is it's very quiet and also located near a few local restaurants and a really great restaurant/bar right next door.

Their fitness center is small but clean and it's never very crowded.

The staff at the hotel are always helpful. The guest rooms, lobby area, and all the rest rooms are cleaned very well. They seem to be a nicely staffed hotel.

I do agree with a previous person that the walls are a bit thin and the floors creak a bit when walking, but these are minor problems. I like this hotel and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I would actually choose a room on the first floor. You can park right outside of your room that way...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area
Comfort Inn Riverfront
Comfort Inn Riverfront
#34 of 50 in Harrisburg

Been to Radisson Hotel Harrisburg? Share your experiences!