“Wedding Review”

Radisson Hotel Harrisburg
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Camp Hill
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I got married in the State Capitol Rotunda on May 25th, 2013 and had our reception in the Governor’s Ballroom at the Radisson Hotel Harrisburg in Camp Hill. On a spur-of-the-moment visit on February 4, 2012, my parents and I first met Neil Hodes. He stopped everything he was doing, which included working a huge event in the main ballroom, and met with us. And that was the beginning of the beginning….
From that day forward, Neil was my go-to guy…from actual wedding-related issues to stressed-out bride breakdowns, I found myself calling Neil with any and all of my victories and defeats. He talked a big game and lived up to every single expectation, then surpassed them. He is patient and attentive, crossed every “t” and dotted every “i”.
As any bride, groom, mother-of-the-bride, or bridesmaid knows, planning a wedding can bring out the best and the worst in people. Neil took the reins and made everything effortless. He nailed every detail from coordinating arrival times with our vendors to making sure the blinds were turned in such a way that the sunset did not shine in our guests’ eyes to keeping me on the ball with checklists and deadlines. He was there for every visit, he answered every question without hesitation, he joined us for our tasting, and was the first face I saw at the hotel the morning of our wedding to make sure everything was in place. He became a friend, a therapist, comic relief, and a voice of reason.
My first instinct was to stay away from a hotel reception; we’re quirky and different and I didn’t want to do something run of the mill. Buuut, my husband’s family lives in New Jersey so we had a lot of out-of-town guests. “It all made sense.” Which is something I hate hearing….but after hearing perk after perk, after perk, after perk…I would have been insane to go anywhere else. The package that the Radisson offers is unbelievable, both affordable and high-quality. I was picky (understatement of the century) about the type and quality of the flowers, the flavor and appearance of the cake, the atmosphere of the entire room. Every idea I had and every special request I made was met and exceeded and all within the package that was offered. Everyone (me, my husband, my parents, his parents) had a say in the little details and they were able to accommodate everyone’s desires. The customer service we received was outstanding and the rooms were to die for…once again affordable and beautiful at the same time! The food? THE FOOD!!! Our guests are still raving about the food….anything and everything you can order off the menu is mouthwatering. The room was meticulous; everything placed perfectly, clean and neat, not a thing out of place. And I didn’t have a care in the world. The location is perfect, right in the heart of everything; minutes from Harrisburg and any major highway. Not a single guest had trouble finding it or getting settled into their cozy room. It really has it all……
Coming back to Neil, he became my wedding planner and my right-hand man. He gave me fantastic advice and thought of everything I needed, wanted, and might need to consider. When I look back on my wedding day, I realize how little I paid attention to all of those insanely important details that I obsessed over for months…but it was all there and I had nothing to worry about. And I have Neil and the Radisson to thank for that. All I had to do was marry my best friend and soak it all in. If I could do it all over again, I would do it all exactly the same. If you are looking for phenomenal customer service, an unbeatable package, a beautiful setting, and a “Wedding Wizard”…the Radisson has it. They had an immeasurable impact on the most important day of my life and I will be forever grateful for EVERYTHING that they did for me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jillian K
Jeff S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Radisson I thank you for your wonderful comments. It was certainly our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you. I am pleased that Neil made the planning of your special day effortless & memorable for you, he takes great pride in making that occur. I will be sure to share your comments not only with Neil but also the entire staff. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Harrisburg

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I needed to come in for a visit for the Grantham area and the location of this was only a 10 min drive. We received a warm reception, beautiful newly renovated rm - beds were Sleep#. Our rm was very quiet - esp with it not being right on the roads like other hotels nearby. The ball/ conference rooms are fully sufficient for entertaining or corporate needs. As others have commented it is going through updates, but it promises to be a winner location. I really appreciated the location of it being minutes from the turnpike but easier to drive to my destination instead of crossing the river or dealing w/I-83

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have stayed at this particular hotel at least 15 times. Actually, the food in the restaurant has always been good, especially their burgers, which I just love. However, the decor was a bit dated. I was pleased that recently they updated the rooms with a more modern decor, great reading lights on each side of the bed (more like small, targeted reading lights that are just perfect), and nicer TV sets. Even the toiletry items have been updated. I typically am there for a conference and this time I was again. The food at the conference was excellent.

They also have Sleep Number beds and the beds are comfortable.

The nice point about this hotel is it's very quiet and also located near a few local restaurants and a really great restaurant/bar right next door.

Their fitness center is small but clean and it's never very crowded.

The staff at the hotel are always helpful. The guest rooms, lobby area, and all the rest rooms are cleaned very well. They seem to be a nicely staffed hotel.

I do agree with a previous person that the walls are a bit thin and the floors creak a bit when walking, but these are minor problems. I like this hotel and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I would actually choose a room on the first floor. You can park right outside of your room that way...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2013

It was a big property with lot of rooms spread out. We checked in at 10 pm on a Friday night. The person at the front desk wasn't cooperative or friendly at all. If that person was working against his will, it is unfair to expect the guests to bear the brunt of it. Our key cards didn't work when we tried to enter the room just minutes after we got it. When I went back to get new cards, it appeared he had punched in wrong room number the first time. There was no apology or any regret whatsoever.

The carpet area around the bed was very dusty. The design of the room made it uncomfortable to move around. The bathroom was cramped with too many things crammed in a very small space.

Hope they vacuum the place more often and get more courteous front desk staff - basic things for their business?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Since my stay last year they have done renovations to the rooms. They have made improvements to their desperately needed heating system. Finally they have thermostats on the walls. Also the new room decor is contemporary design with modern amenities.

It can also get noisy, slamming doors & thin walls. The staff is extremely friendly & they go out of their way to help you out.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room with a wall thermostat.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel. It was a nice stay for one night. Staff was nice, hotel and rooms clean and recently updated. There is no elevator in the hotel so if you have mobility issues you may want to ask for ground level. We ate in the hotel cafe, the food was good and reasonably priced. There was a lounge here which is something I usually look for in a hotel when traveling, but I was to tired to go down to check it out. My room was very nice. It was clean and updated. There was a big flat screen t.v. and sleep number bed. My only complaint is that the walls were very thin. You could hear every little noise. I could hear the person beside me coughing and blowing their nose and it sounded like it was in the room with me. You could really hear everything as plain as day from the hallway also. The room doors were a little hard to close so that was pretty loud as people entered and exited their rooms. Over I had a nice stay. If I am ever in the area again for business I will stay here. Very convienent location, nice staff, clean, reasonalby priced rooms and food.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2013

There are a number of first times for me that as a frequent traveler. First of all, when checking in at near midnight with a colleague, he was told his room was on the third floor. When he asked to be directed to the elevator, he was told "there is no elevator". I thought there were laws about this, and must say, it's the first time I've been in a multi-floor hotel that had no elevator. If you are disabled, this hotel is obviously not for you.

Next, I was told my room was on the first level, and it was a "parlor room". Upon arriving to the room, I opened the door to find for the first time in my life, a hotel room with NO BED. There was a table, chairs, and a sofa. When returning to the front desk, I asked where the bed was, and was told that the sofa opened up. I have never had a hotel room with no bed - this was a first. I refused the room, and after a long, long time, was given a different, musty, horrible room to stay in.

Lastly, in the morning, when leaving, I went to the lobby to check out, and discovered a table with signs for coffee, tea, and hot water - with nothing else on the table (nothing) except for the signs.

I wondered what I would say to the desk clerk if asked how my stay was, but didn't have to deal with it, as it was not asked to me on checkout.

Avoid this place like the plague. The fact that it has the Radisson badge is shocking to me. This will likely affect my future stays at any Radisson.

Room Tip: Stay at another Hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Radisson Hotel Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel, and your room during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camp Hill
Staybridge Suites Harrisburg
Staybridge Suites Harrisburg
#13 of 50 in Harrisburg
Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey

Been to Radisson Hotel Harrisburg? Share your experiences!