“Great Secret”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cellar Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We had the pleasure of being invited to dinner with friends...went to The Cellar for the first time this evening. It was delicious. I had Sea Bass...perfectly prepared...great flavor. Our sever, April, very attentive and suggested a tremendous dessert, lemon cake (to die for). I really enjoyed the meal....It was worth every penny.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Why do people eat here? Food is non-descript - flavorless. Only bright spot was our server - Dave. Seems that any seasoning beyond garlic is not to be found in their kitchen. Atmosphere is ok - strange to be in empty shopping center next to Wendy's. Actually - next time I'll save $70 and spend $10 at Wendy's.

1  Thank Todd B
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Over the past year, we have eaten in over a hundred restaurants on five continents - and this was arguably the worst. We usually try to find interesting, even off-beat, out of the way places that are eclectic/fusion or true to location in their presentations. The Cellar mistakes fusion with confusion.
The twelve entrees offered (ten on menu, two specials) ran the gamut from several Asian offerings - Indonesian, Korean, Indian, indeterminate curry dish -, an Egyptian lamb dish, a couple hodgepodge American "favorites" and a nondescript pork chop. I ordered the Korean short rib with potato croquette and kim chi and was served a hunk of chuck cut to "look like" a short rib (no fat, marbling or bone), a blob of mashed potatoes coated in panko bread crumbs, and a kimchi most kindly described as inedible (I have eaten kimchi in Korean restaurants in NYC and Paris and none of those were like this inedible mess).
We ordered stuffed mushrooms and empanadas for appetizers (specials) and they were both bland and skimpy - in this case skimpy-ness may not have been a bad thing.
The best things about our meal were our server who was both cool and accommodating under a barrage of questioning and their BYOB policy.
I will not return to this culinarily confused location.

1  Thank wwtraveller42
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The Harrisburg area doesn't have much to choose from as far as restaurants unless you prefer going to chains. My husband and I have been going to The Cellar over the last 3-4 years and have always had great meals. Ambiance is very nice as long as you don't look out the restaurant's window and notice that it's across from a Wendy's. The food is a bit on the pricey end but, again, we've never had a bad meal there and we love the fact that it's BYOB, which also saves you money.

1  Thank bethm719
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My husband and I visited this past Thursday night for our weekly "date night" because I have been seeing the billboard and wanted to try it. I was surprised by the location but once inside I was impressed. The atmosphere was nice and the server was friendly as well. The butternut squash soup was amazing and I got the smaller portion of the lobster mac and cheese which was perfect for me and came with a lovely salad. The fresh bread was amazing as well and left no room for dessert. My husband got the crabcakes and althought they did not look or taste like your traditional crabcakes they were delicious! The best part was this restaurant is BYOB so we were able to take along a bottle of our favorite wine rather than being forced to settle for overpriced wine that most restaurants offer. We are going to visit again and often! A+++