“Worn interior, average food at best”

Sierra Madre Saloon
Ranked #83 of 115 Restaurants in Camp Hill
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Proudly serving Central PA's best Mexican and American dishes for 40 years. Daily food and drink specials all while watching your favorite team on one of our 20 televisions. If a friendly game of pool, darts or video golf is what you have in mind, we have that too! Smoking is allowed in the Sierra Madre. Please, no one under 18 is allowed. We do have outdoor seating to accommodate your entire family.
Reviewed September 14, 2012

From the outside the place looks pretty cool with a southwestern theme. Inside is pretty rough looking and the food is not nearly as good as some other local mexican places.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I've been here on multiple occassions for drinks after work, Cinco de Mayo, and just meeting up with friends. I would say after 10 or 11 pm the crowd gets a little rough and in the past year the whole place has taken a turn for the worse, or maybe I notice it more now since I'm older.

Staff/Atmosphere: The male bartender is not friendly unless he knows you or is trying to hit on you. My male friend that was along with us went to the bathroom and there were some guys in there doing some shady things (drugs). Someone had gotten stabbed in the parking lot a year or two ago. While I was there for one Cinco de Mayo I walked past a guy and he slapped me on the behind. It was so busy though I couldn't find a bouncer or security to help me out. The waitresses always seem to be new and are on the slower side as another reviewer said. At 10 pm there is a DJ in the dining room area. The bar is smoking so be prepared for that. The outside patio area is nice. Not a lot of tv's so don't come here if you are looking to watch the big game or anything. This is more of a "relax" bar.

Food: Chips and salsa leave a lot to be desired. chips are heavy and thick, made from what seems to be flour tortillas. The salsa does not taste fresh/homemade, it tastes cheap and like its from a jar. Main courses are much better. Chimichangas are delicious but again heavy from being fried. I've had the spanish wrap there which was delicious. Wings are good but expensive unless you get them on special. They do have late night drink and food specials.

I usually only go here right after work for some drinks with friends which seems to be the best and safest option.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Good warm chips & salsa.
Dinner was more than enough.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

I've been a regular at Madre, usually to catch up with friends over a few drinks and play darts. Have always had a good rapport with all patrons and staff over the years until tonight when something absolutely shocking happened. Marty, the bartender showed utter disrespect to a regular customer like me and used inappropiate language which is not only unprofessional but derogatory and distasteful. SHAME, what a SHAME! I can just smile and nod my head in shock and total disgust. Hope the management takes note and encourages staff to tackle any situation in a respectful manner to customers.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

The food here is not bad but the smoke ruins everything. I do not understand how they can have smoking with the food business that they do.