“love that philly”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“love that philly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Service was great and fast. Made to order just the way one likes it and it was super tasty. I'll vo again and again.

Visited February 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Get the Philly Cheese man!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family and I try and catch this place once a month. Its that good. I usually have the philly cheese but the wife and kids order two bowls of fries!

This is a really good family place with a not so expensive menu.

• Visited February 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Tell them to make it FRESH!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

My wife, three kids and I visited for dinner today. We had heard great things, so we were excited to give it a shot.

There weren't many people in the place. I ordered two large steaks. I knew I was in trouble when, rather than making our steaks fresh, the cook just scooped up a big pile of meat that looked like it had been cooked and sitting on the grill for a long time and put it on my steaks. Unacceptable. Indeed, the meat was as dry as a bone and didn't even hold enough heat to melt my wife's provolone. They were dry, they were overcooked, and they were disappointing.

In addition, there was at least an inch or two of bread roll on each end of the steak that had NO meat in it. It was just bread.

Our kids had chicken nuggets. These things were cheap, dry, and clearly made with heavily processed meat. The fries are awful. Just frozen crinkle cuts you can buy at Walmart in the frozen food section, which is apparently also where they get those nuggets. It's trash.

Soda fountain is behind the counter, so I guessed there were no free refills.

We just tried South Philly Steaks down the street two days ago. It was a bit more expensive, but the chicken fingers had real chicken, the fries were much better, there are free drink refills, and the steaks were full, tasty, and made FRESH to order. Why would I ever go back to Philadelphia Steaks & Hogies? I won't.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Cheese Steaks using rolls imported from Philly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

My brother and I enjoyed the both the provlone and the original philly cheese steak sandwhiches. The fries were large, fresh and hot. Clearly a place enjoyed by the locals. Pricing is excellent and the quanity met expectations.

Visited July 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Place is great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Im not into meat but my co-workers like this place a lot. Nice atmosphere!