“Rude management, never made my cake for surprise party!!”

Pennsylvania Bakery
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Camp Hill
“Rude management, never made my cake for surprise party!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I went to pick up cut out 5-0 cake for my husbands surprise 50th birthday(the next day) and was told the cake wasn't made because it wasn't Pre-paid...? I had ordered on phone and was never told to pay then and even called in a second time and was still never told. When I asked them to make the cake That day yet so I wasn't left without a cake for 40+ people, I was told no. I walked out wondering what i was going to do,then went back in asking to talk to a manager and explained this was their problem and I believe they need to make it right. I was again told there was no way to get my cake made to which I told her I would be sure to let my friends know about this as I was not very happy... To which the manager replied to me "you do that". Never again will they see a cent from me! They are way overpriced for very average cake and extremely rude management who left me in a real pinch for an important occasion! Save your time and go somewhere else!

• Visited June 2014
8 Thank Katews

Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“Worst cake I have ever bought”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I ordered a cake over the phone for my seventeen year old daughter's birthday. I had looked at pictures of their cakes on their website and told them I wanted a specific cake that was on their website but I wanted the icing to be a different color. The color of the flowers on top were to be the same color as was in the picture. My mother picked the cake up so I didn't see it until she brought it home. WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT!! The color of the icing was not the color I had asked for; the color of the flowers were entirely different from the picture on their site; the raspberry filling looked and tasted like a combination of soupy jello and some kind of preserves from a jar. The cake itself was tasteless and dry. The butter cream icing was hard and also tasteless. A call to the manager was useless. I was told I wasn't specific enough when I ordered the cake, that they bake their cakes the night before pickup, etc. That fact I know is not true because I know someone who used to work there and they told me that their ordered cakes are frequently baked 3-4 days prior to pickup and are refrigerated. I was told if I brought the cake back they would give me a $10 or $15 credit but that was the best that they could do. After paying $50 for the cake I wasn't going to spend more money on gas to return it--particularly since I didn't live close by and never intended to buy anything there again. This is the only bakery in the area and I think that is the ONLY reason they continue to stay in business. I've had better cakes from Giant, Wegmans, and Costco at a fraction of the price I paid at this bakery. Don't waste your money here. Anyone giving this place more than one star has likely never had really good bakery products.

• Visited March 2014
8 Thank Pat M
“Tasty but Pricey”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The mini danish and the fruit-covered cakes are excellent. So are their specialty breads but it's a once-in-a-while place for special occassions becuase the prices are not everyday affordable.

• Visited February 2014
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“POOR SERVICE, MAJOR ATTITUDE FROM STAFF, I WON'T BE GOING BACK”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

POOR SERVICE, MAJOR ATTITUDE FROM STAFF, I WON'T BE GOING BACK - I ordered a dozen fasnacht's a day ahead and was told that I could pop in and pick them up and they would be ready for me to swing in and grab them - I got in there store this morning and there were about 20 people in line waiting at the counters to pick and order their items so I proceeded to the cash register and was approached by the manager. I explained I was picking up an order and she said go take a number and wait in line. I preordered and now I have to go stand in line again? I explained what I was told the day before and the response was basically I don't care go take a number. So I took a number and then when my number was called and the MANAGER with whom gave me huge attitude skipped over my number and went on to the next. I finally got waited on and then guess what - there was no order for me. I finally got the dozen fasnacht's and left the store. I called to speak to the owner later in the day and guess what the MANAGER called me back and told me the owner's (Rachel and Ken) don't speak to customers. WOW! it just get's better! The conversation with the manager was horrible. Pam (the manager) was argumentative and rude and her tone was filled with attitude. She argued and I finally explained I would never be stepping foot into The Pennsylvania Bakery again - and that this could have simply been fixed by being kind to the customer. After all isn't it the customers that keep businesses in business????

• Visited February 2014
10 Thank Peaches9876
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Bakery”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

What a great place to grab a cup of coffee and a pastry. You will return again and again. We try to sneak in for special occasions.

• Visited November 2013