“Good Service, Food was OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Gullifty's

Gullifty's
Ranked #79 of 111 Restaurants in Camp Hill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: UPSCALE CASUAL AMERICAN RESTAURANT/ BAR AND GRILLHAPPY HOUR, DAILY SPECIALS AND LIVE ENTERTAINMENT
Harrisburg, Pa.
“Good Service, Food was OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

In past years I had gone to Gullify’s quite frequently, but this was my first trip back in some time. Friends were visiting from out of town and wanted to go back to see how it was. We had a table of 10, so I was concerned about service and getting orders correct. Fortunately, we had no reason to be concerned. Drinks were replenished regularly and our orders came out correct. It did take awhile for the food, but we were a big table and were visiting so it was not a problem. We had mainly sandwiches, salads and appetizers, and the food overall was above average. It wasn’t as excellent as I had remembered though. The nachos were lacking; they didn’t have a lot of flavor and with a $10. Price tag there was not a lot to show for it. The fried mozzarella, lattice fries, personal pizza and chicken wedgie were as good as we remembered, but the grilled chicken salad was pretty weak, and the buffalo chicken sub was poor. All in all, we had a good time and appreciated the staff being so accommodating to a large group. However, the food was not the greatest. The atmosphere was still good, the staff friendly, but pricey for average food. If you go and have a large group I would suggest making a reservation. It seemed to make our experience much nicer when the staff was prepared.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank travelfamily1426

Harrisburg, PA
“Worked out in the end”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

My wife and I have eaten at Gullifty's restaurant many times over the years and have experienced good food & good service. However last night was not one of those nights.

We had a young clueless server who proceeded to argue with us when my wife had asked him to remove the entree he had just brought because it was cold. She had lost her appetite after her first bit of this cold meal and stated she did not want it back. Mr. Clueless server said "why?" I raised my voice and stated several times "Make it go away!" I kept repeating that same statement until he understood and took the entree away.

We spoke with the manager {the owners daughter} who apologized, treated us as valued customers and made everything GOOD!

I employe over sixteen persons and know first hand how difficult it is to find good help, I do not fault the owners of this restaurant and my wife and I will be returning, but we will not allow Mr. Clueless to wait on us, hopefully he's working at Micky D's by now on the clean up crew vs. out front.

• Visited March 2011
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Poor Service & Mediocre Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

My wife and I recently moved to the area and tried Gullifty's for the first time today. It was a poor experience. The service was probably the worst part. Our waitress only visited our table to bring drinks and then bring our food 45 mins later with no apology for the long wait. The place wasn't even crowded and it was a Friday night. I got the chicken fajitas which came with 4 tortillas, not nearly enough. When I asked for 4 more, I waited 10 mins for them. When the check was given to us, $1 was added on for the extra tortillas. The waitress had made no mention of this to me when I asked for more. We talked to the manager that was on duty at the time to have the $1 taken off and let her know about the poor overall service and mediocre food, but she did not really seem to care, made a half hearted attempt to give me a gift card for a future visit. I have no interest in returning back to this poor excuse of a restaurant. Also....for the food quality..it's overpriced. Absolutely would not recommend!!

• Visited January 2011
3 Thank danstef
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OK Food - that's where it stops”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

Don't eat here if you are in any sort of time crunch or hurry - our family stopped in for a nice dinner on a Sunday night - They changed their menu in house, not on the website, so what I wanted wasn't available - Same old atmosphere, and there is still smoking in the building, which is against the law in Pennsylvania, I don't care if it is in a "separate room with a door". Believe me, we weren't looking for the McDonald's "in and out" rush, but the waitress was a putts, and it was nearly 45 minutes until we even saw appetizers (which were soups - I'm sure the bagged Sysco soup has been sitting in the crocks in the back for longer than 45 minutes) and then nearly another half hour until the food arrived. Waitress was a (in my words) a "ghost" waitress (only around at her convenience), which she was "friendly and chuckled off her ignorance with mindless chat, including that our table was "so quiet" ----> it's because we wanted our %@#$5 food..... We asked to split the bill ON ARRIVAL, and then of course, it was not split, after 2 hours of being there... and of course, no where to be found after she dropped the check off... she split it up ( and actually did it right - ((I was surprised))), but just gave a friendly chuckle about it being her mistake (as if she couldn't see the frustration from our table). I think to her dis-advantage, they had like 3 waitresses and must have been 1 cook since they were so slow... but somehow I'm not surprised at this experience either... go see for yourself... hopefully they'll be running on all 8 cylinders when and or if you attempt Gulliftys.

1 Thank JurgenGrun
Pennsylvania
“Slowly going downhill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

I've eaten at Guillifty's for 20 years. My recent experience was disappointing. The menu is still the same, and still somewhat extensive which is nice. Of course, the menu book looked old and stained. Their signature Potato Soup was very runny with very few potato pieces. A bowl of soup is $2 more than than a cup, but the amount is about the same as a cup. They also use to give goumet crackers, now it's just saltines. Dinners are a decent helping. Some items are heavily marinated, though. Salads are plain. The restaurant area is outdated and could use a fresh look. Don't sit too close to the closed door bar area. Everytime a server goes through the door, the cigarette smoke comes charging in and stinks up half the dining room. There is also outside seating. Service is always hit or miss....especially when busy. It wasn't very busy this particular evening and the server wasn't very good. I use to go to Guillifty's several times a year...now I'll be lucky if I want to go back once a year. Disappointing....but still better than others.