“Awesum Place”

Ranked #19 of 114 Restaurants in Camp Hill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had my mother's 77th birthday dinner here. The staff was friendly and helpful the food just this side of spectacular great beer and wine selection. The steaks cooked to perfection, blackened tuna awesome, just down right a great place. Price is well in line for a steak/seafood place and well worth it.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I went to Theo's for our office holiday party. The service was great and really the only reason I bumped this review up to 4 stars. The food was just average. We tried 6 different appetizers, which were SO much better than the meals. Smoked salmon plate was my favorite. I ordered the oriental salmon salad and the salmon was overcooked and the salad was only iceberg lettuce, 2 cucumbers, and 2 tomatoes.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Came here on business took a wrong turn and voila!! We found what we thought to be a "dive" to be w great restaurant with good food.Service was very good and I would recommend this place to anyone in the Camp HIll area

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Theos is a local place for us. It has a great location, a nice, clean, comfortable and quiet atmosphere, nice bar and generally quite friendly staff. Theo is always there to say hello and the waitresses are much more professional than the typical moody teenage girls many of places like these have. It's the kind of place people would want to come back to, but:

Theos still suffers from the same problem as ever; they just don't have very good food. That's putting it nicely. Making this issue worse is that especially at dinner, they can be quite pricey. We have made repeated efforts to "try Theos again" because it is close to us and a place with enough room we can bring our kids and pick a big booth. But tonight my wife and I both sent back our fish dinners, simply because they were terrible. They did refund our money but seemed to take that as par for the course, initially offering us to choose something else but making no apologies. I noticed that after we sent our dinners back, a chef came out of the kitchen and leered at us from across the dining room for five minutes as if we were supposed to feel bad or something. Theo's cousin? Brother In Law? Has incriminating photos? Come on!

What's really bad is this has been going on since the first time we went there, something like 10 years ago when we sent back a scallop appetizer that looked (and was) inedible from 5 feet away.

Somewhat recommended as a nice place for lunch as long as you stick to the basics and love a nice staff like we do. Otherwise, keep driving, there are much better options close by.

2  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a pretty nice, laid-back restaurant with a variety of entrees on the menu. Our service was very slow - our appetizers were delivered and we still hadn't gotten our beers. I think this was solely due to our waitress who just forgot to go an pick up the beers at the bar. We had Oysters Rockefeller for an appetizer - very tasty! I had the Shrimp, Sausage, and Chicken over pasta which was excellent. Our friend had the same dish but asked for them to hold the shrimp (he doesn't eat seafood). They were able to accommodate him. My wife had the Seafood Italiano and enjoyed it. We both opted for the Greek Salad in place of the side salad. There is an up-charge for getting the Greek Salad. Our waitress failed to mention that when we were ordering our meal. I think the up-charge is $2 - not a big deal but I think a server should mention any up-charge when you are ordering. My wife and our friend shared a bottle of wine. They don't have an extensive wine list but they were able to find a White Zin that they liked. Overall, a good meal -the quality of the food overcame the lackluster service. We'll probably eat there again.

1  Thank 1aCruise4wks