“Was very happy here at first”
Review of Fusion Fire - CLOSED

Fusion Fire
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My first several visits, I was very pleased with both the offerings and the food and the presentation. Sadly, the last 3 times I stopped, I had terrible experiences. I am a fan of drunken noodles. The drunken noodles here had been very good. Having them with squid is not on the menu, but they are happy to make them that way for a small up charge, which I appreciated.

The last 3 visits: First of the last 3, the squid in the drunken noodles was inedible. Second of the last 3 (to make up for the first) they left out the squid all together. The third, to make up for the other 2, they prepared a dish that was not drunken noodles....which was what I ordered.

3 strikes. You're out. Too bad. When it was good and I got what I ordered, it was good.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

First time visit to a location that has struggled with a number of restaurants. The dining rooms are very attractive. Wednesday was candle night. That lent a very comforable element to the rooms. I was seated and waited upon promptly. The waitress had to be asked about the large menu. It is a Pan-Asian menu with a large emphasis on Japan. I wish the taste of my food equaled the presentation. It was bland. I am pleased to see that they offer brown rice.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

As restaurant owners in Colorado, we dine out quite often. We've had plenty of terrible meals and plenty that were great. We visit the Camp Hill area twice a year and this restaurant has made the short list of meals. We've been there twice in the past 6 months and it's nice to see them finding their niche. We called ahead and reserved "Room 1," a nice semi-private room with a round table that seats 6 to 8 very comfortably. The menu has changed a couple times as they've figured out what works best for the business and the customer. We sampled many different curry dishes, pad thai and a huge assortment from the sushi menu. I eat all of these things on a regular basis and was extremely impressed with everything that came to the table, once again. They even sent out a complimentary shrimp appetizer to all guests that ordered an entree that evening, delicious and a nice surprise. The sushi and rolls were perfect, the salmon some of the best I've had and cut thicker than anywhere else I've been. I can't speak for the hot pot entrees or the Japanese menu but would guess they are as great as the rest of the menu. Portion size was more than sufficient and prices were extremely reasonable, especially for the high quality of the food. The owners are a husband and wife, which we had the pleasure of meeting. He does a lot of the cooking while she runs the front of the house. They are extremely hard-working and truly dedicated to their business and their customers. The service we received from a young lady in college far surpassed the rest of our meals that week. Keep up the great work.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We went to Fusion Fire for the first time on 10/12/2012 and we were not impressed. The Chicken Pad Thai that my husband got was tasteless, plus the noodles were not cooked at all (some were even raw). We had it taken back and he got some sort of vegetarian fried rice (with chicken and shrimp - I guess it wasn't vegetarian) and he kept saying that it tasted like the wok (or whatever they used for cooking) must have been burnt, because it had a faint "burnt" taste. I had the Tropical sushi and it was OK. I'd like to go back and try some hot pot, just to experience it. Maybe we would have a different experience. If you like a place that has different types of asian food I feel that the Okini Pan-Asian Restaurant in Harrisburg off of Progress Ave is much better.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

My fiancee and I love this place. We love everything on the menu and all the great apps. The atmosphere is great and the prices are over the top. We try to get her as often as possible. The service is also great! I love their dumplings so much! Best Asian restaurant in the Harrisburg area.