“Condiments gone wild!”

Arooga's Grille House & Sports Bar
Ranked #18 of 111 Restaurants in Camp Hill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: There’s never been a place quite like Arooga’s before. How do we know? Spies. That, and because we’re not just some average, run-of-the-mill, sports bar. Nope. We’re a slightly above average grille house and sports bar. That’s right. Our housemade food is prepared by chefs instead of factory workers — it’s better. The housemade bread, wings sauces, salad dressings, the housemade soups. All better. The beer is colder. The TVs, TV-er. You can see every game from every seat. And we mean every game, because we have every sports package available all 365 days of the year on 100's of flat screen tv's between all of our locations. We've got free wi-fi, Golden Tee, Buzztime trivia, and NTN Texas Hold 'em. We've got over 80 menu items under $8.99. And several other items priced over $8.99 for the rich folks. So if you're looking for great food prepared and served by above-average people that prepare and serve great food, you'll find it at Arooga's. If you're looking for fun, you'll find that, too. If you're looking for your boyfriend and/or girlfriend, we haven't seen him and/or her. So there you go, the proof's in the pudding here at Arooga's.
Owings Mills, Maryland
“Condiments gone wild!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Fun 'Chotchkies-Like' atmosphere but the service is pretty sucky. So my boyfriend orders a chicken sandwich and I order the grilled cheeseburger with fries. We get our food and the cook smothers my boyfriend's chicken in buffalo sauce, and my fries were covered in a mayonnaise-ish mystery sauce-- none of these condiments were listed as being on these meals, according to the menu. My boyfriend asks why they smothered his chicken in buffalo sauce and the bimbo waitress responded, "well the chef thought it might be too dry so he topped it with the sauce." Really? Since when is it the chef's decision to dictate what condiments go on the customer's food?? What if he had an allergy to buffalo sauce and accidentally ate it? C'mon people... unless is it clearly stated in the menu, keep it as it is listed. Won't be back.

• Visited April 2013

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Fun place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great atmosphere. Good food. Family friendly. Extensive menu. Usually go on weekends when there are more families and youth sports teams. Love the wings and Arooga Light.

• Visited April 2013
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Fun and crazy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a place of happy time. The service is fast and food pepared to ones liking. Its a great place to meet other people, even if you don't know them prior or go with a group from work.

Visited January 2013
Pennsylvania
“Not Returning”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Service was slow, food was bad. One dish was cold and had to be sent back. Other dishes were poorly flavored and weren't great. The one honorable mention was the "Baseball" appetizer that was pretty good, although a tad bland. We won't be returning.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Really disappointing food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I really WANT to like Arooga's, because it would be such an easy place to have as a go-to restaurant -- it's conveniently located, family-friendly and moderately priced. But I just can't find anything on the gigantic menu that is good. I know it's a sports bar, so the expectations in terms of food are adjusted accordingly. Many of the menu items are either deep fried or covered with cheese (or both), and it can to tough to find something that seems appealing if you're not into that kind of food. Nonetheless, I've returned because I've found myself with other people who want to go, and because they sometimes participate in community fund-raisers, where a percentage of your bill on a given night is donated to a particular organization. On each of the 4 or 5 occasions I've been here, the food has been so very disappointing that I leave saying I'll never return. I think I mean it this time.

On my past visits, people in my party have had burgers, which were fairly good, and wings, which some liked and others thought were just OK. It goes quickly downhill from there: the fries were cold more often than not; a steak salad featured steak that was woefully overcooked, dry and gristly and salad greens that were wilting and brown around the edges; a "sandwedge" was dried out and looked like it had been sitting around for a while; and most everything was unbearably salty. In general, most of the food seemed pre-fabricated and tired and warmed-over.

The servers are friendly and high-energy and seem like very nice people. But they can't make up for such mediocre (at best) food. Maybe the kitchen just can't handle a menu of that size. Maybe I just need to lower my expectations even further.

• Visited December 2012