“Low expectations more than met”
Review of Masala Bistro

Masala Bistro
Ranked #24 of 114 Restaurants in Camp Hill
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I hesitated to go based on some of the reviews of this place. But why not? The service was not fantastic but certainly was not bad. The food was quite good. Not the best Indian but certainly good enough. There seemed to be many regulars who were known by the waitress.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I started visiting this place in 2011 while on assignment at the local base. This was my first introduction to Indian food as one of my co-workers took me for the lunch buffet one day. I was reluctant, but upon tasting the food here all of the reluctance to try new food went away. There are so many great dishes here, with the chili chicken being my favorite. I also really enjoy the butter chicken here as well as a number of the vegetarian dishes. The naan is also great. After leaving assignment in Mechanicsburg in late 2011 I missed this place so much and often tried other Indian restaurants back in Washington DC but I didn't find any that compared.

The couple that owns the restaurant have always been great to me and my guest. They are both really nice and always greet me upon arrival as well as my guest. The husband is usually busy in the back cooking but he usually stops by our table to say hello. The lady always brings us fresh naan to our table even though there may be some on the buffet already. Since returning to the area this year I've had the same experience- great great food and great service. This time I introduced my new co-workers to this place, and I've had nothing but positive responses. Actually one of them, called me for dinner and we've been there twice already in one week!!!

Needless to say it's a great place with great food. Makes sure to try the: chili chicken, butter chicken, vegetable samosas, lam chops (dinner, not on buffet), Aloo Mutter, Lamb Briyani (dinner), and the list goes on and on.

Latest visit was Thursday May 22nd of this year

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I can't say its not good, but their are better places. but for a quick eat this place is clean and friendly and good.

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have ordered take-out from here on a couple of occasions. The woman staff member isn't very pleasant and they don't honor their coupons even though it's on their website (specifically, the 20% off of $25). We won't be going here again. Passage to India has way better food and service.

3  Thank bethm719
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The negative reviews of this excellent restaurant are not rational. You get outstanding cuisine, service, and atmosphere at a very reasonable price. Who would bring 2 cranky, hungry children to an intimate, quiet Indian restaurant anyway?
The seasonings were subtle and the buffet selection was fully satisfying. Superb indian cuisine, primarily vegetarian. Conveniently located across from the Capital City Mall. On thebuffet, I would like to see more labels for the various dishes

1  Thank oxforddoc