“Great Italian Food; Amazing Steak Hoagies”
Review of Villa Grande

Villa Grande
Ranked #6 of 117 Restaurants in Butler
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
butler
“Great Italian Food; Amazing Steak Hoagies”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I've never received a bad meal here in the ten years or so that I've stopped in. I haven't had a better steak hoagie from anywhere else, ever. I don't like their bread basket, they're flat dry sort-of-garlicy breadsticks that are often served over-toasted. My father is a vegetarian, and he loves to eat here also.

• Visited June 2014

Okatie, South Carolina
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Finally found a great place for pizza. Did take out and was ready when I went to pick up. Was delicious and hot and perfect. You can tell it is a family run restaurant as they were very anxious that I was pleased with their food and very nice and hospitable. Will definitely go back!

• Visited July 2014
“Good stuff!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Love their pizza and salads. We usually get it to go but have dined in and used the BYOB option. I don't think they have a liquor license.

• Visited May 2014
Pennsylvania
“Good food.....get it "to go"”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

In town for a construction project, we bought pizza two times for our workers. It was very good so we ventured in one evening for dinner, albeit it 30 minutes before closing. Mistake. We had to walk around someone scrubbing the foyer floor (hands and knees), got seated in a booth next to one where the wait staff congregated, commiserated and complained, and watched someone stand on a dining chair to change a light bulb (chair pushed back under the table).A short man with gray hair stood at the desk and ordered people about; we actually heard our waitress tell him that ".....they've ordered dessert" when he asked her if we were still there (this from the kitchen, I believe). To her credit, our server was attentive and obviously embarrassed by it all. Food was good, but were were never comfortable. No eye contact or "Farewell" from the short man (owner?) although the man scrubbing the floor smiled and waved.

• Visited May 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Not Disappointed”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Traveling on business is always a gamble when it comes to smaller towns and meals. Italian food can be tougher still because it can be awesome or awful. Tripadvisor helps a LOT but it can still be a gamble.

My acid test for Italian is Veal Parmesan. Worst is a deep fried piece of ground veal covered with a bit of sauce and cheese and presented with limp spaghetti.

None of that here. A nice pounded thin good sized veal cutlet. Fried and covered in sauce and cheese and baked. Spaghetti was al dente and a decent slather of sauce and a sprig of green basil. Soup or salad as accompaniments, and I had both.

No, not a gourmet place, and I suspect the pizza is good too, but it at least passed the acid test and I'd come again. Maybe next time the pizza or the dinner specials cause they looked good, too.