“Friendly and accommodating hotel”

Days Inn Butler Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Butler
Maryland
“Friendly and accommodating hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed here with a group for a large on-site event. Even with all the chaos of the event, the hotel managed to keep it together and stay friendly. I do not imagine our group was easy to handle, yet I thought the hotel did an excellent job.

When I checked in, the desk mentioned the room I was assigned had a problem with the air conditioner and they could put me in a different room if I didn't want to wait the hour to get it fixed. I waited, and when I did get to the room, the air conditioner coughed and stopped working. The front desk, indeed, move me to another room with working air conditioning, no problem. All of this while lots of other people were also checking in. My hat is off to them for keeping their cool - and in 100+ degree weather, too!

The restaurant had a reduced menu and a few glitches. This wasn't a big problem as there were other restaurants close by.

I would stay at this hotel again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Check out the Maridon museum in Butler. It displays Japanese art and is a delight, tucked away off...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

From our experience with Days Inn in the past, I was skeptical about the accomodations here. So I must say I ws very pleased when I saw that the room had been remodeled and was very nice. I had asked for a quieter section of the hotel(away from bar and conference rooms), and was placed in a building behind the hotel. I was concerned about how secure it was but the entrances can only be unlocked by your key card and that helped me feel more secure. Only real disappointment was that the room was nonsmoking and it reeked of cigarettes. The new air conditioner in the room was loud when it ran but was okay with me. It helped drown out other noise. As another reviewer stated, it is old but clean and fine for a few nights stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank truann
Reston, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed there on a Saturday night. Room was clean and bathroom looked newly renovated. No frills, but nothing terrible. Breakfast buffet was very good. $35 fee for having a pet in the room. Lots of dogs in the hotel, but we were not bothered by any of them. We would stay there again for a short visit, though for a longer stay, might look at something a bit higher end.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gmumba
Rogers, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

First let me say that there are not very many choices of hotels in this area, with that being said, I would make this hotel an only if you have to choice.

At check in they had us down for the wrong date, it took 15 min. to try and find an empty room for us, the staff seemed lost during this process. Once we got to our room we saw that it was a handicap room, larger hall when you entered, larger bathroom etc...if you were in a wheelchair you could move around easily, but as for the shower, if you are not in a wheelchair, the shower is next to impossible to shower in. It has the attached bench in the stall, and you can fold it up and that leaves you with about 1 foot of room to shower.

50 percent of the lights did not work in the room and it had a second door that lead to outside. It very much appears that this place was once a motel someone tried to turn into a hotel and is a big cluster of mazes. The second doors lock did not work and was only secured by a chain.

It does have a bar located in the hotel which was nice to be able to grab a bite to eat or a drink, but fair warning.......there are alot of 20 somethings that go there and stay at the hotel, at least during our stay. If you are a bit older you may find the constant yelling through the hallways throughout the whole night a big pain to have to put up with. We even had someone beat on our door at 2 am.

The free breakfast was bad! The eggs were the kind you add water to and poof you have scrambled eggs, they were so watery/running you could of drank them without chewing. The biscuits were hard, stale and crumbled to a hundred pieces when you tried to cut it. Forget any meat, no bacon, sausage or ham. The only edible thing was the coffee and juice. The area for the free breakfast is locked away, yes locked dont forget your key or your not getting in. It is so small, almost like you are eating your food in a closet.

Overall, I would not stay here again and only recommend that if you have no where else to go, then aleast you have a roof over your head but dont expect much more.

Room Tip: My helpful tip for a good room would be not at this hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Beachtravel001
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

As with most days inns, this is an older building. The grounds around the building were clean and fairly well maintained. The room itself was clean and contained the usual amenities such as hair dryer, small non- HD television, coffee maker, ironing board, alarm clock/radio and a safe. No refrigerator or microwave. The wifi worked fine. There is an indoor pool which appeared to be in good condition. I did not partake of the "continental breakfast" , but one does exist. There is also a restaurant that I did not visit. The staff seemed polite. A few minor nitpicks I have are the door to the "patio" area allowed a lot of cold air into the room. The heater really dried out the air in the room and there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom and the shower head is quite low necessitating one to stoop in order to use it. Also, the walls and doors are very thin and keep out no noise whatsoever. On the plus side, I found the bed to be very comfortable. There is ample parking and the hotel is right off route 8. The hotel is located fairly close to downtown and not far from the mall area and several restaurants. The price was about average. If you are looking for a no frills place to spend a night or two, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank greg3813
Butler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

The 2012 Pennsylvania State Bowling Association Championship Tournament is being held in the Butler area from March 23 through June 17. The Days Inn has been selected as the host hotel. The opening ceremonies dinner was held in this facility. Everyone in attendance complimented the Days Inn for the excellent meal and the superb service of the wait staff. Many of the states bowlers are staying at this property during the tournament. Comments of early tournament participants state the property is in great shape, clean, and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was in the area on business. I had booked a room and when I checked in the lobby and restraunt looked nice. Once I got in the room which was $90 a night it was small and did not even have a microwave or fridge. I called the front desk and they advised me I would have to pay extra for microwave and fridge. The food in restraunt was good. The staff did not know much about the hotel but did seem to care. Not too bad overall but priced too high.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Butler
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 7 in Butler
Fairfield Inn & Suites Butler
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Butler
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / Cranberry, PA
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburg...
#1 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Quality Inn Royle
Quality Inn Royle
#2 of 2 in Kittanning

Been to Days Inn Butler Conference Center? Share your experiences!