“Great time had by all”
Review of Conley Resort

Conley Resort
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Butler
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family and I recently visited Butler for a pseudo family reunion.
The staff here were extremely accomidating.
We were told that the pool area would be closed for several hours a day, yet ifI requested the slides to bbe turned on they did it immediately.
We also hosted a birthday surprise breakfast that went off realistically with out a hitch even though we decended on their dining room with 20+ people.
Definately a great trip
Thanks to all.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Pancho1111991

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a birthday swim party for my daughter at Conleys. This was scheduled a week in advance, unfortunately there was no discount for groups but we decided to have the party there anyway. The pool was nice, however, the service was terrible!! WE could not get the waitress to stay in the area for very long and she kept disappearing upstairs. After the drinks and pizza was brought in I told her to please bring the cake and ice cream because lets face it a group of 9 year olds want to eat and get back into the pool as quickly as possible. The waitress disappeared, I kept trying to keep everyone busy and out of the pool, I asked the lifeguard 3 times to call to have the waitress bring cake and ice cream in, my husband walked to front desk 2 times to try to get the cake and ice cream but they kept saying wait for the waitress, after the lifeguard could see just how frustrated we were getting she actually felt bad for us and went upstairs to dining area and brought cake and ice cream down herself and she stated she was sorry but there was a big banquet going on and the waitress was busy. WHAT? let me do the math....$21 per person (pool admission & food) x 13 kids = $273 total I paid Conleys for this party. Never again. All of the girls live within a few miles of Conleys and I made sure I told the parents when they came to pick of their daughter just what had happened. Maybe $273 seemed insignificant to them but word of mouth and ripple effect from your actions will cost you more than that.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank neveragain882
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is my second trip to Conley Resort and I am unsure what the problem is. Of course it is not the Taj Mahal it is a great golf resort!!! The check in was simple, the room was clean and smelled that way ( see the last review said otherwise) The pool was open during my stay and there where kids having a great time on the slide. The Golf course was simply put fun!! Has a few challenging holes but overall it is just fun to play, stay in the short grass!!!. Course in great condition with the the greens putting a little slow but in good shape. Now on to the staff which was the highlight of the trip for all in our 16 people group!! They where outstanding, friendly, kind, fun to talk to and went out of their way to assure all had a great time. Every staff member I met or spoke with was so pleasant and they where like a big happy family and not like people working, tremendous!!! last year I had said they could use an upgrade on the dressers and they could but this year it was much nicer.. The food we had at the snack shop or in the tavern was tasty and everyone in the group was happy with their food!! OVERALL A GREAT TIME HAD AGAIN THIS YEAR! Look forward to being back again in August with the guys!!!! Thank you

Room Tip: Was in 304 great view to the 18th
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This place is seriously creepy and outdated. First off they don't have luggage carts so a nice young man helped us with our luggage and escorted our family to a dark cavernous area filled with a closed pool surrounded by pirates and skeletons (apparently its closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and opens Thursdays at one IF there is a lifeguard?) , our room overlooked this lovely area. While our room was extremely spacious which was nice (three, count them, three double beds) it was totally musty, had a dungeon like atmosphere, the water tasted like coal, and the rooms clearly haven't been updated since lets say the 60's. Room was nice and clean though beds very uncomfortable and I woke in the night itching, not sure if thats related. My kids enjoyed the novelty of each having their own double bed so that was good. Another special part of the stay was the very drunk male golfers leering at me in the parking lot and in the dark hallway outside of our room making me too nervous to go out to the car by myself at night to get forgotten things. Restaurant had very friendly waitresses and food was passable for bar food, only negative was again the drunk golfers burping loudly. Hotel doors have no interior lock or chain so feel like any creepy person could let themselves into our room. I dont' believe in ghosts but this place could seriously be haunted or the backdrop for a chainsaw massacre movie. We were going to stay for three to four nights but only staying for one. Also, am unclear about why we were quoted 119 on the phone but seemed to have been charged 160, but can't deal with that until morning when the "supervisor" comes.

Room Tip: Don't choose one at all. stay at a chain.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Courtney G
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We recently stayed here for a baseball tournament and the rooms were completely outdated and dirty. They smell like a wet basement. There is no security. The doors to the outside are open all night . The staff is rude and the rooms are way over priced.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Mmashe
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I would like to thank everyone at Conley Resort for making my groups stay here excellent. First the Golf Course is gorgeous & the STAFF go out of their way to make you feel at home! We will be back with our families so they can hang out at the pool while my buddies play golf all week! Thank You Conley Resort ;)

Room Tip: All of our rooms were great we had six different rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Worst experience me and my family has ever had. Outdated and depressing rooms. The 'hotel' resembles more of a motel. The 'indoor waterpark' was a small pool with 2 small slides. Food was actually average. The TV in the rooms were very small.
My husband said the course was not bad but that was the only thing he enjoyed.
Very dissapointed we saved for a vacation only to have such an awful time. We will never be going back. Do not waste your money.

Room Tip: For a good room - go to another location!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Mary D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Butler
Comfort Inn & Suites
Hyatt Place Cranberry
Hyatt Place Cranberry
#6 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Fairfield Inn & Suites Butler

Been to Conley Resort? Share your experiences!