“Resort?? Not even close.”
Review of Conley Resort

Conley Resort
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Butler
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Resort?? Not even close.”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Worst experience me and my family has ever had. Outdated and depressing rooms. The 'hotel' resembles more of a motel. The 'indoor waterpark' was a small pool with 2 small slides. Food was actually average. The TV in the rooms were very small.
My husband said the course was not bad but that was the only thing he enjoyed.
Very dissapointed we saved for a vacation only to have such an awful time. We will never be going back. Do not waste your money.

Room Tip: For a good room - go to another location!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Mary D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kenmore, New York, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was reading several of the reviews below and was a little afraid of the trip before I went but I need to disagree on several of the points below. I will start with the rooms which yes need a little TLC, they are clean and I mean very clean. Room was spotless, smelled great and not a bug in site. The only item that was needed was a replacement dresser due to age. The room was 307 and was a very large room that had a great view right over the 18th hole and was right down from the sun deck and outside jacuzzi.
The Bar area was great, the bartender's and servers where friendly and service was fast. Food was fantastic from the free breakfast, lunch and dinner. All items tasted where well cooked and well flavored.
Lastly the golf, I was one of a group of 16 and the age was 21 to 76 and all playing simply had fun. It is not the most difficult course but is a friendly and fun course with some challenges along the way, The greens where fair and the condition was FANTASTIC. With the Dry weather across the area the course has been maintained with lush fairways, greens that are perfect. I really enjoyed this atmospere, you check out your golf cart at 9am and it is yours for the day, no dumb rules, no one hounded you just fun, We played 36 a day, 18 then lunch and then 18 more and we never had an issue with parking cart in between rounds, I have been to other resorts where they take your cart and you have to pay a fee to get the cart back for the 2nd round, where you feel that everything is about the money and nothing about the fun; Conley is Simple, It is Just plain fun and I will be back. Thank you and it would have been perfect if not for the dresser.

Room Tip: Face the 18th hole, Fun to watch everyone hit in the water!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Culver City, CA
Reviewed July 15, 2012

So, I booked a room at the Conley and was quoted a rate of $71/night, corporate rate. I did not realize that they charge more for 2 people..when I got to the hotel, I asked the desk clerk about the pool. The pool doesn't open til 1, and checkout is at noon. So I was hoping that the hotel would be nice and let me and my boyfriend use the pool AFTER we checked out. I mean, most hotel pools open very early..I just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and their pool opens at 6a. Not opening til 1 is a little unfair for the guests who don't get in until AFTER the pool closes, the night before. The desk clerk said there was nothing she could do, except give me a discount. She proceeded to charge my card $93. I said, wait a minute, I was quoted $71...this is MORE than they told me it would be (and what hotel charges your card when you check in? Usu they charge it at checkout. I thought that was odd.)

She said that since I had 2 people in my room, $93 WAS a discount.

I'm very disappointed. If I want to use the pool, I have to pay $13 a person, even though I am staying in the hotel tonight! :( Probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sw666
Debra B, Director of Sales at Conley Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Being that I am the Director of Sales for Conley Resort I felt a need to responed to this particular negetive reveiw. I personally spoke and made the reservatiion for this guest. The rate that I quoted is our corportate rate that is only offered Sunday - Thursday for traveling corportate guest that are in town doing business. When the guest called to inquire about lodging rates, she was only a single looking for lodging because she was coming from out of town and had business in Pittsburgh, stating her boyfriend was staying with a relative and it would only be herself staying. I offered her our corportate rate of $71.00 + tax for 1 person. Trying to help her out. Our weekday rate starts at for a single $84.00 + tax per night. Our rates are based on the number of guest in a room. The lodging rates include use of the pool, water slides, hot tub, sauna and a full hot breakfast. Check in 3:00 pm check out 12:00 pm. Pool hours do vary depending on the day of the week. We are required to have life guards on duty when the pool is open for our guest safety. Addressing the pool hours. If checking in on a Sunday guest are able to use the pool from check in until 9:00 pm when the pool closes. Due to the nature of our pool (indoor waterpark) our business is primarily weekends and our weekday hours are limited. Most hotels do offer extended hours for their pools, which do not require a lifeguard to be on duty. However, because of our water park we are required to have a guard on before we can open our pool. When I offered the guest the corporate rate, she was a signle and doing business in Pittsburgh. I truley thought after our conversation she was coming in on business. This is why I offered her the single corportate rate. The rate was created for the traveling business people who usually do not use the pool and water slides. Honestly trying to help a guest that is traveling alone a more economical rate. Doing my job as the director of sales offering great customer service to a guest. I always ask questions regarding a customer stay at Conley at the time they are making a reservation. This to unsure quality customer service.
Evansville
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed here while visiting family in the area. The rooms are large with 2 queen beds, a love seat, small table with 2 chairs, flat screen TV, and mini frig. There is a nice breakfast included that has eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage patties as well as cereal, varoius breads, juices, yogurt, and a few wrapped pastries. My only complaint is that the hotel is very dated and the water pressure for the shower was low. They have a nice indoor pool with 2 small water slides that I am sure smaller children would enjoy. We did not golf but the course seemed very busy both in the morning and late into the evening.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kaloja
Cheswick, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Even before coming to the resort, the staff was very helpful. I had many questions, is there a fridge in the room - yes; is there wi-fi - yes. It was my niece's 4th birthday. We had 2 spacious rooms for 4 adults and 5 children. The rooms overlooked the water park. It was great. We could watch the kids play in the water park. We took breaks to have good pizza and hot dogs from the pool menu, and dinner we ate delicious meals at the tavern, which was very affordable with children's meals. Our rooms were next to each other, so we were constantly in and out of each other's rooms. We all slept well because we were so busy having fun. The noise level was a little high, but we were noisy too so it didn't matter. My niece can't wait for her 5th birthday to do it again.

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms with 3 beds to accommodate 6 people. These rooms overlook the water park.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MarciaSwas
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 11, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at Conley's Resort many times. We have family in the area and stay at Conley's for nearly every major holiday. During the day, kids play and enjoy the pirate ship water slide. If you have kids, they won't be bored at this hotel. The rooms are very spacious compared to most hotel rooms. We eat breakfast during every stay and have never had a bad meal. We especially like that Conley's is a family run business and they make you feel like part of their family.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Roaming7733
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I had a great time staying at Conley’s! The service was excellent and the rooms were always kept clean. I asked for an iron to be brought up and they delivered it within a few minutes. The rooms are spacious and have a great view of the golf course. The pirate ship water slides are extremely entertaining for the kids - definitely something you won't find at other hotels. The restaurant, Knicker's Tavern, had friendly service and delicious food. They have a breakfast buffet that is amazing! It has a family owned style to it and makes you feel at home! I would definitely recommend Conley's to all my family and friends traveling through the Butler area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Tina A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Butler
Comfort Inn & Suites
Days Inn Butler Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Butler
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Butler
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / Cranberry, PA
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburg...
#1 of 15 in Cranberry Township

Been to Conley Resort? Share your experiences!