“Snow filled parking lot!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Butler
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
“Snow filled parking lot!”
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Stayed here in February. It did snow some during the day. I arrived in the late evening and found the lot to have about 6" of snow in it although the nearby roads were only wet. The desk clerk asked how the roads were and I told her that they were very good until I got to the hotel parking lot. She said she would have to contact the campany that plows for the hotel. When we left the next morning at about 11:00 a.m. the lots were in exactly the same conditon as they had been at check-in. On the way home I checked the lots of the nearby Super 8 and Days Inn as I drove by. Both parking lots had been plowed. Incidently, snow had prviously been plowed into the handicapped parking area and it was completely unavailable because it was covered by a very large pile of snow.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Virginia Beach
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I stayed at this motel with friends who attended the Monster Bash Convention. The room was very nice, and clean. The motel staff was very friendly. I wasn't able to sleep very well since the people in the room next to me got up around 5:00 a.m. every morning and was in the shower for over an hour. I'm a very light sleeper and need the room to be very quiet to sleep well. I will be staying in this motel next year, and hopefully won't have neighbors that will get up early and stay in the shower over an hour!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed August 29, 2009

We selected the Comfort Inn hotel in Butler, PA due to its convenient location and relatively inexpensive room rates. However, as the old saying goes...you get what you pay for.

Our room included a king size bed, cramped bathroom, and a hot tub, which we didn't bother to use. Although we requested a non-smoking room, it didn't really matter because the smoking rooms are not separated by floors, but rather per room, so every room smelled of cigarette smoke, including the hallways. Our room had a strong musky, smoky odor, which we desparately tried to eliminate by spraying Oust and Febreeze. The room decor was a little shabby and worn down. We found a couple of bugs in the bathroom basin one night.

The hotel serves a complimentary continental breakfast every morning, which appears to be a hit with most guests as there is a long line during breakfast hours. We picked a couple of things up on-the-go one morning (coffee, breakfast bars, and cold cereals), but for the most part didn't bother to be regulars at breakfast time since we already had breakfast/brunch commitments planned. We saw the small pool, jacuzzi, and small exercise area with a stationary bike, but didn't take a dip or plan a workout.

We considered moving to another hotel or staying at a friends place while in town, but decided that our situation wasn't so terrible to warrant it. Instead, we just decided to take the Comfort Inn in Butler off our list as possible places to stay in the future. Again, it was a no frills stay, but there is room for improvement, such as separating the smoking rooms by entire floors rather than rooms (or making the entire hotel a non-smoking facility), and refurbishing the interiors to make them a little more brighter and less dingy. I am sorry to say that I can't recommend this hotel to a friend, but I hope that the Comfort Inn will be able to make some improvements to its establishment in the near future as it is in a great location.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
jamestown, pa
Reviewed January 15, 2009

the only thing i didn't like were the pillows were flat so i had to stack 2 to sleep. other than that i would stay here again. heard other hotels in butler were dirty so i choose this one.

• Liked — clean, tucked away alone up on a hill
  • Disliked — pillows
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Cornwall, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 14, 2008

I Stayed 2 nights at the comfort inn in butler on a business trip. it was decent stay. I was given a king suite with a whirlpool upon checkin, but it was right off the elevator and as others stated on here you can hear everything. The whirlpool was a nice touch though it was positioned so you could see the TV from it. Upon entering the bathroom the first time i did pull a spider off the inside of the shower though. The pool was small but functional, and breakfast was again small and limited in choices but i dont eat alot in the morning so it was functional.

Overall it was an average experience, about what i would expect from a comfort inn, nothing too great but it wasnt terribly shoddy and served the purpose.

• Liked — the company paid for it and the whirlpool in the room
  • Disliked — lack of breakfast choices
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
Reviewed November 2, 2007

Stayed here for one night while traveling north. Exactly what we wanted. Clean room, friendly staff. The pool was excellent for us and our 2 kids. Breakfast was upscale continental (waffles, etc). Would stay there again.

Stayed October 2007
Viriginia
Reviewed September 16, 2007

About the best I can say is truly that we survived our stay. I have never written such a bad review for a hotel. But I feel compelled to warn others about this one. I have stayed at Comfort Inn before and so I was expecting a pleasant mid-grade level hotel experience while we were in town visiting our relatives. However, when we arrived we were given a room on the second floor and as we hauled in all our gear (we have a 9 month old baby) I was overwhelled by the strong fowl odor in the room To me it smelled like cat spray. I went to the front desk to ask for a different room. They very happily gave me another room key for a room just down the hall from the other one. As we moved our things to the second room, the odor was again quite strong, but weary of moving, and not wanting to be a complainer, we decided to just stay put. This hotel allows pets, so I'm not sure if that was the problem with smell in the rooms or what. Our view out the window from our room was entirely blocked by the front entrywayof the hotel, so besides daylight we could see nothing else, but even so, we were making the best of things. Then came our first night. Turns out the walls are paper ,and I do mean paper, thin. This room was the first one outside the elevator, and every time the doors opened and closed we were awakened by the ringing and the clear conversations of those at the elevator. Then since our room was just over the lobby, up through our air vent came the clear and loud conversations of the hotel front desk staff as they stood out front for a smoke and came back in to chat. Finally we got to sleep, but unfortunately the second night was worse. Somewhere around 3 a.m. we were awakened by a big bus pulling up out front and rowdy people unloading. As the racket outside subsided, they came up the elevator onto our floor screaming and cussing and banging the walls. Somebody moved into the room right next to us at that time and continued carrying on and turned on their T.V. ( again, it's like they were in the room with us). We didn't call the front desk, but I was ready to move out. I slept maybe a few hours that night. In the morning my husband mentioned the noisy late arrival of guests to the housekeeper. She told him that the hotel sponsors these bus trips to local bars! We couldn't believe that the hotel encourages and promotes this kind of party atmosphere, when it is so disruptive to other guests! When we checked out we did mention the noisy night we had endured to which they said they had other complaints and were sorry. Front desk staff were pleasant enough but in general were sitting in the breakfast room watching T.V. throughout our stay not really seeming to care about much. Since we will be returning to Butler in the future to stay again, we plan to return to the Fairfield Inn which I highly reccomend. It is on the other side of town (so farther from our family) but is worth the drive. Please don't stay at Comfort Inn. It's not worth it and the price is the same as Fairfield. I use this travel site to choose hotels often and was led to the Comfort Inn as a result, so I'm glad I can give my experience now to help others.

• Liked — Location to our family
  • Disliked — Extremely noisy and smelly
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Butler
Hampton Inn Butler
Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranberry Woods
Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranb...
#3 of 15 in Cranberry Township
WoodSpring Suites Signature Pittsburgh Cranberry
WoodSpring Suites Signature Pitt...
#13 of 15 in Cranberry Township

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!