“Supwe 8 Experience”

Super 8 Burnham/Lewistown
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Burnham
“Supwe 8 Experience”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Overall a good hotel in a small town that does not have a lot of hotel options.

Room was clean, bathroom had plenty of towels, soap and shampoo.

I wanted a room on the first floor and the front desk lady was very helpful in getting me a room on the first floor.

It would help to have a more visible light on the sign directing you to the hotel as you come off the highway.

ONE NEGATIVE POINT WAS THIS.... The door leaving the first floor going out to the back parking lot was not locked when I arrived (after 8PM) and appeared to be unlocked all night. It seems odd that a hotel would leave a ground level door at the back of the hotel open in the evening.

This needs to be fixed. I am in hotels every week and I have never seena hotel with an unlocked ground entrance in the evening!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

BossLadyisalwayshere, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Burnham/Lewistown, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Super 8 during your visits to Burnham, Pa. We appreciate you sharing your comments and concerns about your stay at our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have occured during your stay. Our staff locks the doors every night. We do consistant safety checks throughout the hotel and never had an issue. We hope to see you again if you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
york, pa
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed here one night due to a work obligation in the area. The hotel was very dark when I arrived after 9pm and we almost missed the entrance. Check in and out were easy. I had a room on the first floor near the exit. The room was nice for a Super 8 room. They have a paper towel dispenser in the room which I found weird, but it is there to stop people from staining the white bath towels when coffee is spilled, etc. The exit door was not locked at night, but I did feel safe. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room near the side exit and didn't hear much noise....however, the exit door wasn't...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
BossLadyisalwayshere, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Burnham/Lewistown, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
We want to thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We do take great pride to deliver a clean and comfortable guest experience. We hope to see you again if you are in the area.
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed March 22, 2014

After attending a week long conference in Philly, I drove to my hometown of Burnham. My 87 year old grandmother wanted to stay in a hotel, so I booked us a room. I called ahead and requested a first floor room, which we were given. The staff was great and my grandmother loved the breakfast and in-room coffee. I work in the hotel industry and can be very picky, but I found this hotel to be a great place to stay for a short trip back to my hometown.. The only thing I found that needs to be improved is the pillows... They were very flat and worn, but I didn't ask for additional pillows. I'm sure they would have been replaced, but we were so busy while I was home, that I didn't think about it until the middle of the night.. Thanks so much for helping me make my grandmother's stay a special getaway with her granddaughter..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review on your recent stay. It is so nice to hear your wonderful comments on our cleanliness, friendly staff, and selection of breakfast items. We hope that you had a great special getaway with your grandmother and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Super 8 Motel in Burnham PA is the finest example of a comfortable, clean and friendly place to stay on a business trip. The staff is friendly, the housekeeping excels, and the continental breakfast that is offered saves me the time and bother of searching out a restaurant. Bravo Super 8!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

BossLadyisalwayshere, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Burnham/Lewistown, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share these kind words about our hotel. We are pleased to hear that we have met your expectations and hope you continue to enjoy your stay with us.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

It was a great place!! I would recommend anyone to stay here. The staff was very nice and it was a very quiet place

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

BossLadyisalwayshere, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Burnham/Lewistown, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive comments on our hotel and your recent stay. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be super friendly. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham
Quality Inn & Suites Burnham
#1 of 2 in Mifflintown
Super 8 State College
Super 8 State College
#22 of 26 in State College
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area)

Been to Super 8 Burnham/Lewistown? Share your experiences!