“Good food, slow service, NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Catherines Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Good food, slow service, NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

I live in the area and have been wanting to try Catherine's out for a while. In early November I took my youngest daughter there for breakfast and we had a wonderful time. I had the best creamed chipped beef on toast ever from a restaurant (their Saturday only specialty) and my daughter had pancakes and hot chocolate. The service was slow (almost 25 minutes to get food after the order) but the quality of the food made the wait worth it. Catherine's has a coffee bar and quite a few customers were getting special coffees and more than a few hot chocolates. The clientele was mostly retirees and tourists. The decor was quaint and parlor-like. Fast forward 2 weeks when I brought my whole family. There were 5 of us and I had been talking the place up. We arrived right after 8:30 AM and were promptly seated. When we ordered, I was told that there was no more creamed chipped beef. OK, the special was gone, maybe there had been a run on it. I ordered something else, no problem. My two older children ordered milk to drink and were told that the milk was only 2% and they were out of it. The deli where they get milk was not open yet and they couldn't get any. Out of milk at 8:30 AM on a Saturday during breakfast service? I mentioned that there was a Wawa convenience store with plenty of milk less than a mile away. No response from wait staff. Wow. The straw that broke the camel's back was when my youngest daughter ordered hot chocolate. She was told that they don't do hot chocolate or use the coffee bar on Saturdays because it takes too much time. I replied that it was chugging away just 2 weeks earlier. Again no reply. After completing our order, I sat for about 5 minutes stewing about being lied to (about the coffee bar) and wondering how they could not care about not having milk. Then I gathered my family up, went to the counter to cancel our order and express my displeasure with their excuses. There was no response from the wait staff again other than OK. I should note that the staff were not kids, they were all mature women. Would not recommend Catherine's to anyone. The wait for food is too long, their interest in customer satisfaction is low, but their laziness, coupled with dishonesty is intolerable. My family and I went to another local restaurant for breakfast that had milk, had an adequate supply of breakfast specials, served hot chocolate, served the food in a decent amount of time but most importantly did not resort to lies about any shortcomings.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Ghost_of_CalvinT

Point Pleasant, PA
“Great Lunch Spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

If you are a fan of carved turkey sandwiches, hands down, the best place! They roast a turket breast everyday so it is awesome! I have had other wraps and such too but always go back to the turkey. Give them a try - well worth it!

Visited October 2011
2 Thank bobnjeni
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“good breakfast; great soups”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

A wonderful little gem. Their breakfasts are very good. The soups are amazing. The seating is very cozy.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Evelyn D
New Hope, PA
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

I have lunch here on a regular basis. The soups and quiche are awesome. Haven't tried daily specials. Friendly staff with hands on owner. Great place.

Visited December 2011