“Beautiful restaurant with outstanding food”
Review of Perfect Taste Grill - CLOSED

Perfect Taste Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Excellent place, excellent service. We had a great dinner. Worth every penny. Looking forward to visit soon.

2  Thank Nick D

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We had lunch consisting of the special Turkey Club & Avocado wrap, with soup as well as the Greek wrap with salad. Delicious! This restaurant competes very well with its neighbors on the Route 202 corridor. It is now a routine choice for us. Consistently good food and a nice staff.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The Perfect Taste Grill is located in the Buckingham Green Shopping Center right on Rt. 202 which is a major thoroughfare. Yet, the Perfect Taste Grill is a well kept secret even though it is rated as the #1 restaurant in Buckingham by my fellow Tripadvisor reviewers. Even more shockingly to me is that I have lived no more than 10 minutes from this restaurant and finally decided to pay them a visit because of a Groupon I happened to come across. Part of the problem is that the shopping center in which the Perfect Taste Grill is housed is not a high volume shopping center. To quote their own description: “We have over thirty upscale shops, restaurants and services in our center. Many of our shops have been with us over 20 years. Enjoy the convenience of our health food store, post office, bank, dry cleaners, hair salon, spa, pharmacy and wine & spirits store.” Upscale small shops usually do not draw large crowds. So, Wild Birds Unlimited or Earth Foods or Empire Cigars are very good specialty shops but each caters to a narrowly defined niche customer base. By the way, there is a really cool throw back pharmacy in this location (The Whitman Pharmacy) that is well worth the visit – a pharmacy and a general store rolled into one. Also, there is a State Liquor Store two doors from the Perfect Taste Grill which just so happens to be a BYOB restaurant.

Enough background – let’s get onto the main course. In fact, I am going to start with the main course which I usually don’t. However, my wife and I ordered the same thing. It was a Saturday night and they just happened to have a Prime Rib Special on the menu. We rarely order the same thing but we don’t indulge in Prime Rib that often (our Cardiologists frown upon such behavior and they don’t have a particularly keen sense of humor). So, we checked under our seats and glanced at adjourning tables and determined we were home free. “That will be two Prime Rib specials please, one medium rare and one medium well.” My wife asked our waitress if those two cuts were available and we were pleasantly surprised that they were. Many restaurants that run Prime Rib specials do not, as the evening progresses, have all cuts – they have been devoured and ravenously consumed never to be seen again. Thus, you get what’s left. My wife had rice and fresh seasoned vegetables with her order and I had the Apple Mash and glazed carrots. I do not like vegetable medleys. I think it has to do with things that came out of a can during my childhood. So, these were fresh vegetables and there were carrots in that mixture. I asked if I could have just some glazed carrots – a special request that was gracefully honored. I offered to pay extra but the Chef and Owner, Tony Karamitros, would not hear of it. He was extraordinarily polite and you could tell that he aimed to please each and every customer. And, while I am on the subject, our server was absolutely extraordinary. She was knowledgeable, attentive without being overbearing, polite, efficient – just an absolute joy.

Our entrees arrived. There was no excessive amount of fat and grizzle on the prime Rib, each cut was cooked perfectly according to our specifications, the cuts were thick & generous, you could cut the meat with a butter knife it was so tender and, little did I know, this Prime Rib was cooked in a wood fired stove imparting this absolutely wonderful smoky nutty flavor – it was an A+. The sides were delicious and, in my case, there was not a morsel left on the plate. My dear wife did have some left over (she always does) which made for this spectacular Sunday Prime Rib sandwich.

We did share an appetizer of Crab & Shrimp Quesadilla (lump crab meat, grilled shrimp, scallions, and a blend of cheeses served with a mango, papaya and avocado salsa). I could not find a single ingredient in that description that didn’t cause my mouth to water. It was delicious but I am glad we shared it since it was a very generous portion. We both had salads that were fresh, as in crisp lettuce and fresh ingredients. And no, we did not have room for dessert. Our palates were more than pleased and our stomachs were at a comfortable peak capacity.

My wife has been back for lunch and reported in that the lunch specials were a fantastic bargain with soup or salad with your sandwich special and that also comes with fries for $6.95. You can’t beat that. Specials aside, I have my eye on their Pressed Cuban Sandwich. Ever since my daughter worked in Miami, I have an aversion for authentic Cuban food. So, Tony, the throw down is on!!!

This special little find goes onto to my A list. Tony, the owner, is proud of his food and absolutely caters to his customers. He is off the beaten path somewhat but not for me or anybody else really that is traveling in these parts of Bucks County, PA. If you are smart, pay him a visit. Make sure you have reservations as there is limited seating capacity, especially on the weekends. For me, this is the “Perfect Place for a Perfect Taste.” Stop in and give it a try. I think you will enjoy it.

1  Thank Howard K
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Second time we ate here. First was a breakfast a few months ago. Second was a recent dinner. The server was very nice, but the food was just passable.
The good: nice olives when you first sit down. Had the calamari which was very good and served with a sweet and spicy sauce.
The fair: the "full rack" of ribs were only 7 ribs, not what you usually see for a full rack. The ribs were a bit on the dry side and came cold. They quickly heated them back up and tasted a bit better, but still dry. The pork tenderloin with berry sauce was just ok. The sides of vegetables and potatoes were also on the small side. The prices overall where a little high given the size provided.

1  Thank Evelyn D
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great little out of the way spot! My wife and I had lunch there recently and we were both very happy with the service and the food. Nice menu choices even for lunch. We plan to go back some evening for dinner.