“Lovely little winery”

Buckingham Valley Vineyards
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This winery is a nice stop on the PA wine trail. It is serve yourself and you can try 8 wines. I am a fan of reds but their whites were much stronger. They also have a nice selection of "fruity" wines if you are into that sort of thing, such as Raspberry & Blackberry. I should mention I was hesitant about going here after reading some of the more negative reviews but the place was nice and the woman who helped us was very nice and informative.

1  Thank leighkx
in 6 reviews
"picnic"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went to the winery with friends who have been here many times previously.
It's refreshing to sample wines and not have to pay especially for someone like me who has a limited palate, of a 1 oz sample, I take one sip and my husband gets the rest and if I don't like the aroma, I don't even take a sip. That being said, as people go I can certainly understand where the wrong type, think it's a free for all and really since it's run a little differently than others, why is it a problem if they take the time to explain that to patrons?
However, our first experience was very pleasant and we found the staff/owners friendly and willing to help us along. Of the wines, we sampled we found several that we enjoyed enough to purchase. There was cheese and goldfish crackers on the counter. Also cheeses and other wine related items for sale. We also asked for a recommendation for a local eatery and they steered us to a fabulous find just down the road.

1  Thank red6111
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our winery is one of the few wineries that does not charge for tastings in Pennsylvania. That being said, we get people coming in either on their own or in limos to get a free buzz. It was clear that sally and her sister had been to four wineries, her boy friend made the right decision by not tasting. Sally was asked to taste only eight wines. The video tape recorded by the 8 wine shop cameras showed sally and her sister tasting 11 and 12 wines. Her sister even poured two different wines in the same glass at the same time??? This is why they are not welcome here. Hopefully we will not have to charge for tastings in the future, if we do it can be blamed on the entitled sally's of the world. We have a successful winery that has been here since the 1960' with lots of happy customers. Sally ,you will be happier, and our staff
and paying, lifelong customers will be happier if find some other wineries to visit. Ciao!

4  Thank j f
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My fiancé and I often do the Bucks County wine tour for fun (twice a year or so ). We almost always stopped at Buckingham and have never had a problem until today.

Today Buckingham was our 4th stop on our wine tour. My fiancé was driving so he chose not to sample the wines but my sister and I did get some of the free samples (up to 8 free pour your own samples, according to a sign on the wall--fair enough). I sampled maybe 5-6 wines and my sister the same. We went down in the cellar to check out the champagne agitator. When we came back up we decided we were ready to go. We left our glasses on the bar and said "thank you." We had bought wines there in the past but had decided not to today. When we got to our car, there was a knock at the window. It was one of the employees. We opened the window and he informed us that he had taken down our license plate and that our business was no longer welcome there. We were stunned. We hadn't taken more than allotted number of samples, we were quiet and not disruptive, we had a designated driver--our only "crime" wasn't buying anything. We felt terrible and ended up going home. It had ruined our day. There was no explanation for why we had been kicked out like that. For as much as I had enjoyed my experiences here in the past, this really left a terrible impression on me. It's terrible to be criminalized while doing something enjoyable and when you haven't done anything wrong. Shame on you, Buckingham Vineyards. You certainly won't enjoy my business anymore.

3  Thank sallytenn
See more reviews
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Limo customers BEWARE.
My family spent a day together to celebrate Mothers' Day by visiting the local wineries. Buckingham Valley Vineyards was our last stop and thankfully so. To hear the way staff talked to the customers was donwright rude. And to overhear the comments made by the staff about the customers arriving in the limos was appalling. These customers had the foresight to hire a limo to enjoy the wine tastings without putting others on the road at risk. But this winery actually was sorry to see these limos arrive. I had to stop my wine tasting and leave without purchasing a bottle of wine because I cannot support a business like that. As another reviewer has stated, "good luck with that business model". I will NOT be returning nor recommending this winery when there are other local wineries out there who treat you, the customer, with respect and actually discuss the grapes in the wine with you and enjoy doing so.

1  Thank CRnDJ