“Ridiculously delicious!!!”

Restaurant Cerise
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Bryn Mawr
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cerise features contemporary European cuisine inspired by Chef Ben & his wife Elena Thomas' time abroad and love of open-air markets; those found in every neighborhood with fresh produce, game, cheeses and milk and incredible boiling and bubbling dishes from diverse ethnicities. The dishes will highlight the lighter more modern side of European cuisine, and the diversity of dishes represented by the region's varied landscapes. The name 'Cerise' (French for 'cherry'), is inspired by the cherry season that marks the most abundant time of year in Europe's farm regions and markets.Cerise offers guests a four-course prix fixe menu, with several options for each course. Expect to be full, but not over-stuffed, by meal's end! On Wednesdays and Sundays, a three-course prix fixe option will also be available. We are also open for brunch Saturday and Sunday.
Saint Davids, Pennsylvania
“Ridiculously delicious!!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Who has been hiding this Bryn Mawr byob gem??! Food is so yummy and atmosphere is cozy and perfect. Love love love!! Cannot wait to go back!

Wayne, Pennsylvania
“Cerise, a Main Line Gem”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I consider myself a main line restaurant regular (also a frequent New York diner and probably a restaurant snob). I have my favorites, but Cerise is a new addition and an exceptional addition. The restaurant is tiny, but the attention to detail in the meal is superb. Each of the 3 or 4 courses in this fixed priced restaurant( which is priced reasonably) is special with unique ingredients and preparation. How often do you find a kale salad to die for? To the critics who leave hungry I say REALLY??? The service provided by our repetitive server Lauren is wonderful- she gives honest assessments of everything. Love this place!!

• Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“Amazing Food Comes to Bryn Mawr”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Cerise is just what Bryn Mawr has needed for a long time. It's a small, intimate BYOB with some really great food.
We were lucky to score a last minute reservation several weeks ago. This is rare as the space is small and seats fill up quickly on weekends.
The staff is friendly and welcoming and seems to be well versed on the menu.
My one complaint is that the portions are very small and for the price I wish they served up each plate with just a little more food - the food is so delicious that you want MORE!
Reminder this is a BYOB, so bring your own wine. The good news is that there is a wine shop less than a block away!

1 Thank James S
Philadelphia, PA
“Center City Quality Restaurant in Bryn Mawr”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Cerise is a very good reataurant especially for the suburbs.
The Chef has experience at some of the finest Center City Philadelphia restaurants, and it shows in the food and the presentation.
Also a fixed price of $47 for a 4 course meal is a very good value.
Our only complaint is that on a Saturday night when they are full, the restaruant can be quite noisy, but we understand that sound dampering is being added.

1 Thank BAHPhiladelphia_PA
New York City
“Worth the trip from New York City”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had the great pleasure of enjoying a dinner at Cerise with a couple of friends and my family, including my 16-month old. Living in New York, I've been exposed to some of the best restaurants and food experiences in the world, and have very high standards when it comes to giving a restaurant an "Excellent" rating. Without reservation (pun intended), I am happy to bestow such a high rating on Cerise! The food was absolutely outstanding (admittedly, I was hoping for the best, but was skeptical of the Main Line restaurant scene), and could compete with just about any restaurant in NYC. From the perfectly cooked trout to the best bread pudding I've ever had IN MY LIFE (and I love my bread pudding!), there was not a thing on the menu that I tried that I did not thoroughly enjoy. Lucky for me, we had a big enough party that everyone was able to try a little of everything on the menu. Even my 16-month old enjoyed the food (in fact, to my dismay, he ate most of my duck confit amuse bouche). Unlike the reviewer from Sept 13, I did not find the portion sizes underwhelming, and in fact thought they were appropriate considering the number of dishes and richness of some of the food. One other note I had about the food: Very accessible! I think the way the chef composes and plates the dishes is extremely thoughtful and appeals not only to "foodies" such as myself, but to people that may be less familiar with the foods being served (or, let's face it, people who think "French" equates to "snobbish"). I would be comfortable taking both my closest foodie friends here as well as those with less experience in the foodiesphere.

Service-wise, we were well taken care of, with special attention paid to my son who was provided a set of crayons to occupy his time between courses (rather unusual for a "nice" restaurant, and greatly appreciated!). I did not notice any noise problems, but maybe I'm just used to the New York scene where you are often eating elbow to elbow with fellow diners. The courses could have come a little quicker, but I think the relaxed timetable very much fits in with the French inspiration for the restaurant. Really, we should all take so much time to eat! The wait staff needs a little more time to learn about the excellent food being prepared in the kitchen (provenance of the fish, for example), but my understanding is that they are relatively new at their jobs, and that type of knowledge will come with experience. It was also a huge plus to be able to pick our own wine at the nearby wine store.

In sum, excellent food, excellent service, excellent restaurant. Hope to visit again soon.