“Great Chinese Cuisine”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Chinese Cuisine”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Yangming is in the Philadelphia suburbs. I have heard about it and passed by it many times but never went. We had friends in from out of town and we decided we were going to have Chinese that night. The place we have been going to was closed due to a power outtage so I went a bit further down the road to Yangming.

The parking lot was very full and it being a Sunday night I figured there would be a wait since we didn't have reservations. I easily found a parking spot and we headed in. We were greeted and immediately seated. Walking to our table I realized just how large this restaurant is. It doesn't look that huge from the outside. Not only is it large but it is very nicely decorated. There is a very nice bar just beyond the entrance.

Our waiter arrived and was the nicest waiter I can recall having in a long time. He was happy to see us, always smiled, understood a food allergy one of our friends had and when he came back to bring us our drinks he said he spoke to the chefs regarding what our friend was considering ordering and that it didn't have any of the ingredients in it that was of concern to him.

Our appetizers came promptly and were excellent. My wife and I had the grilled lamb skewers and our friends had the pan fried dumplings.

Our waiter checked back to see how we liked our appetizers and cleared any plates that weren't being used. Water glasses were filed promptly and a second round of drinks delivered timely.

Dinner arrived in a very reasonable time and we enjoyed everything ordered. The portions were generous and the presentation very nice. We didn't have any room for desert.

We will be back because of the fine food and service and also because there are so many things on the rather large menu that we must try. Our friends want to go again when they are back in town.

All in all a very nice time. The waiter and staff contributed to the experience.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank dfgdave

Phila. Pa
“Good food but terrible service”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I went for a return visit a few weeks ago. We had a 9:30 reservation on a Friday. The service was slow and inattentive. After finally receiving our dinner we couldn't manage to get our water glasses refilled, even after going to the bar and asking them to send someone over. Our meals were good, but unremarkable. When we were finishing 2 waitstaff took our plates and seemed to be in a hurry for us to leave. Right in front of us they reset the table- I guess it was late for them? To my amazement they reused some the our silverware that looked unused. After dropping a knife on the floor, they picked it up and put it back on the table. Sorry, but I have to wonder what they might be doing in the kitchen. We will not be back.

• Visited December 2012
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“Very highly rated”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Large restaurant, yet reasonable noise level. Unusual combination of foods, presented beautifully and many dishes are very good.

Visited August 2012
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“Best Peking Duck this side of China”
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Amazing Peking Duck carved table side by a Chinese chef. Perfectly cooked duck with crispy skin just melts in your mouth. A real treat iand a very special place to go and enjoy really great Chinese food.

West Chester, PA
“Good Upscale Chinese”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Large upscale chinese restaurant. Yangming has a large menu of classic and upscale interpretations of classic dishes. Great place for that special dinner, when you want chinese and you want to impress. Great food and excellent service.

Visited January 2012