“Calamari dreaming”

Verdad Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great place! Enjoyed a lunch with a large group. Two things YOU MUST order during your visit: the calamari, and the winter spice margarita. I have been dreaming about them since. I cannot wait to return. The only slight issue is parking. On a Sunday we were able to park in a local bank parking lot. I am sure it would not be such an issue if the city had not had a "ton" of snow.

There are newer reviews for Verdad Restaurant

Reviewed February 15, 2014

In town for a hockey tournament and found this restaurant in the "Best of" reviews for Main line restaurants. Didn't disappointment. Snobby DC patrons that loved the food and the drinks. Big hit!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have been here twice and both times have had good experiences. The food is very good for the price. Our favorite dish was the beef short ribs. The service was good but the atmosphere is noisy. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have been here a couple of times. The vibe is good and the service is good.the honey margarita is excellent. A great mix of spice and sweetness- the honey is not cloying and plays well with the other ingredients . The bad- the octopus was perfectly done but overwhelmed by oil. The ugly- the pork belly. Way. Way over cooked. It was a piece of gristle. Sorry folks never will I order it again. The Kobe beef taco. Also very greasy. I know Kobe or in this case, wagyu is known for its fat. That is what makes it so delectable but with the queso and hamburger like crumble just too much grease. However, what I omitted under the good was the rabbit. Excellent and I highly recommend!!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Tequila list is very impressive and I chose a signature flaming margarita ...hot, hot, hot!the tapas were incredible. Strawberry habanero guac was just spicy enough. The short ribs just fell off the bone. And the scallops melts in your mouth. As each plate was brought out, we couldn't wait to see what was in store next. Dessert was lacking. Tried the sorbet, which was just plain orange, not blood orange or clementine or.... Flavor was ok, but was hoping for something more exciting. But that ending did nothing to dampen my enthusiasm for Verdad! Excellent meal. Will definitely return.