“Delicious Tapas”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Delicious Tapas”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Verdad is a great find in Bryn Mawr - right on Lancaster Avenue, next to the Bryn Mawr Film Institute. It is Latin tapas restaurant and a tequila bar. There were 3 in our party and we ordered 5 dishes and 2 desserts. Our bill was about $130 (not including tip) which included 5 drinks (alcoholic) and 1 coffee. We enjoyed our food selections thoroughly! We tried the Hamahi ceviche (a white fish), empanda (2 to an order), black truffle flatbread, short ribs (served on mashed potatoes), and lobster ravioli. Our favorites were the black truffle flatbread - to die for; and the short ribs - heavenly. Dessert: Churros (4) with chocolate and apple empanda. Coffee was good.

You can order tequila flights! We did not but we did enjoy our specialty drinks - various mojitos and margaritas.

The decor is beautiful. Loved the tin ceilings. Service was adequate; not excellent, not bad either though. Our food came out at a nice pace but we had to wait for our drinks at times.

Parking is tight at times in Bryn Mawr. There are a few municipal parking lots in the area, we found one not far from Verdad.

I would come back to Verdad.

• Visited October 2012

NJ
“Delightful 25 minute lunch”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant (tin ceilings) on what I think is the main drag in Bryn Mawr. My daughter and I stopped in for lunch thinking it served Latin cuisine. The food - at least lunch - was not particularly Latin, but it was very good and very reasonably priced. My daughter had the yellow tomato gazbacho and two mini-steak tacos with figs and a sauce that she loved. I enjoyed a spinach salad. The leaves were crisp, the goat cheese plentiful and the dressing put on with a light hand, as I requested. The menu promised a 25 minute lunch, which was important to us as we had a commitment, and the promise was kept. The waitress even thought to bring the check without my asking because we had mentioned our hurry.

Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“Great Tappas Spot”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

After a trip to Spain, my friends and I were searching for a Tappas Restaurant. We had the good fortune to find Verdad Restaurant. They have a varied selection of tappas, which are great when it comes to both taste and presentation. The drinks are fun and hit the spot.
If you're looking for a place that's a little different, with good food and a nice atmosphere - definitely try Verdad.

Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Happy Hour”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is touted as a great Tequila Bar so we thought it would be a perfect place for Happy Hour. Of course we ordered Margaritas, they were the worst I've ever tasted, pure sour mix, way too bitter to drink. The bartender was less than friendly, she was not happy that I returned my drink. I'll try another night hoping for a different bartender, I hear the food and drinks are normally quite good.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Delicious, but pricey, Tapas. Great service!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Our waiter Jared was very knowledgeable about the menu and gave us several reccomendations throughout the course of the meal. The strawberry habanero guacamole is wonderful, although the chips seemed generic. Sangria was tasty. My husband and I decided to share 4 tapas for our meal, which was just enough food (although my husband could've probably eaten a lot more). Each was about $10-14. The best was the pork empanadas (included 3 small). The others we ordered--mahi mahi tacos, chicken confit flatbread, and patatas bravadas--were tasty and well-prepared. We usully never get dessert but I had read a good review for the churros, and since our bill was already in the $80 range we figured what's another $7? The came with a chocolate dipping sauce and ended up being the perfect ending to the meal. With tip our bill came to around $100 for 5 tapas, a pitcher of sangria (@ $21, it was one of the least expensive drink options) and dessert. A lovely special night out, but not something we could afford on a regular basis.