“Great place to eat and very clean”

Freddy's Custard & Steakburgers
Ranked #8 of 39 Restaurants in Broomall
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Freddy's is and excellent place to have a quick, hot, delicious, and fun meal anytime. Took my girlfriend for a spur of the moment birthday lunch and she just loved it and even had the Turtle Sundae! Also took the grand-kids here while visiting at Thanksgiving and they loved it so much, they asked if we could take them again while visiting over Xmas. They expecially love the fries and fun ice cream concoctions.
We love the burgers, hotdogs and milkshakes and look forward to trying the chicken and other items on the menu soon.
And one more thing to mention is the friendliness and cleanliness of this establishment which is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I went to Freddy's last month for dinner with my girls, and as usual it was a great experience. The prices were higher than McDonalds, but the burgers were much better. As for the burgers themselves they were not quite as good as Five Guys, but better than Zac's.

The two things that stood out for Freddy's is the cleanliness of the place, which is obviously a high priority, and how friendly the staff was. I interracted with at least four people, and each of them were smiling while asking how everything was.

The only thing I would change about Freddy's is their fries. They serve fries that are very thin. The portions are fine, but I'm a guy who likes to sink his teeth into some thick fries.

I'm looking forward to visiting Freddy's with my family again.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was visiting the area with a friend who said she wanted to try this place out as it was newly opened. The burger and the chicken sandwich were both tasty. The fries were piled high and very good, especially paired with the special sauce at the condiment counter. All the staff we encountered were very friendly. It was cold and raw outside the day we went and my only complaint is that the restaurant was a bit on the chilly side so we opted not to try the custard.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Have driven by several times and it is always crowded. Finally tried it this weekend and was not disappointed. I am learning that Custard is a Midwest thing - why has this wonderful treat taken so long to find its way to Philly? My sister-in-law, who is from Chicago, went with us and she gave everything from the thin cut fries to the Chicago dogs (legit) to the custard the seal of approval.

Between the 4 adults and one child in our party we tried just about everything and it was all top notch.

The Chicago Hotdog was very tasty. The sport peppers (like a pepperoncini) added a nice kick along with the celery salt.

Burgers are good but super thin. If this is your primary sandwich then get a double.

Make sure you get fries - a little thicker than shoe string. Nice and crispy.

My wife had the grilled chicken sandwich which was good but her combo came with baked lays - seriously, you do not come here for baked lays!

YOU MUST save room for custard which comes in Vanilla or Choc and can be served many ways. My favorite was the concrete which is a thicker (and better) version of the DQ Blizzard (sorry DQ, but there is a new sheriff in town). I had the PB&C which was excellent.

Make sure you have an appetite and you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Howie N
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Burgers were great, fries better, onion rings decent and Custard fantastic in freezing conditions. Stopped at this chain outside San Antonio several years back and was impressed. I still am impressed in this first unit in greater Philly. The Manager was making my order and I watched him put onions on an Item I requested not have them. When I brought it to his attention he make me a new order and apologized. This place is great. Do not miss the custard.