“Basic, but very comfortable”

Budget Host Gold Eagle Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brookville
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Basic, but very comfortable”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

As other reviewers have noted, this is an older hotel and lacks some the niceties found in newer or more expensive properties; however, it was scrupulously clean. The staff was friendly and efficient, the bed was comfortable, the hot water abundant, and the atmosphere cozy and welcoming. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Nancilee101

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New Jersey
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I reserved a room online 14 days before arrival. On arrival at 7:30 pm, the front desk had a record of my reservation and sent me to a room which was already occupied. Back at the front desk the manager apologized to me that they had mistakenly double-booked the room and had no other rooms available. To the hotel's credit, the manager got on the phone and found me another room (18 miles away and 18 miles out of my way in each direction), but there is no excuse for such a mistake.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank chifanba

Travelers are raving about these Brookville hotels

EXTON, PA
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had stayed here to visit an engine show down the road over the weekend and we brought along our 11th month old baby. The room was very old, in need of some attention, it was as clean as it could be under the cirumstances but the room showed it's age. It was very small also. The baby had an "accident" and needed to be bathed, there was no tub and just a tiny sink so we crammed her in there for a rinse. I felt bad about that but we had to work with what we had. My brother in law had to get a different room than the one they put him in as the original room smelled very badly of urine. The next room they gave him smelled like urine and smoke. I believe one of the rooms was room 18 or 20, just steer clear of both. It worked for a quick overnight stay but don't plan a vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Very good value in an older reasonably well maintained motel. The room was clean and had everything I needed. The on premise restaurant wasn't exactly a 5 star but was quite good with a nice bar.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Denny G
Nashville, Indiana
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I read the reviews that had been posted and inspected the room before I agreed to stay (due to the previosly posted reviews). I am in management at a Lodge in Indiana. The room would not have passed a room inspection in my faucility however, the bed and bathroom were very clean. Most common to find hair in the bathroom... I did not find any! Also common to find hair on balnket, beadspread and or mattress cover... I did not find any! Most importantly there was no signs of bed bugs which is my biggest fear these days.
Yes the baseboard heater needed dusting but I dont really touch baseboard heaters and the dust wasn't moving so I was okay with it especially for the money I paid.
It was a little dated but again for the price I expected it to be.
Customer service A+!!!!!! Very nice and helpful! A much welcomed change!
Grateful to speak with someone who could understand me and that I could understand! (Obviously not run by a Patel)
Thank you for your hospitality! and if I am ever in your area again I will gladly stay again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank melissa t
jamjam1220
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed overnight in this motel. This worked great for weekend stay. You may miss amenities for a longer stay. Dated but impeccably clean room. Friendly staff. Affordable! Will use again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jj1220
Bluffton
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This hotel proudly displays a AAA sign near its front door. We stayed there in May of this year and I have to tell you it was one of the worst and rundown places I have ever been in. Very old carpet, a melted cigarette burn on the TV, a creaky old wooden screen door and much more. It was $57 a night but there were many nicer places nearby for same or less.

I have thought about writing this for a long while but felt that if I were you, I would not want to go based on some misleading reviews. The description they provide on their website and the other travel sites is very misleading. It describes the restaurant next door but certainly not the rundown motel.

Room Tip: Look at a room before you pay...unfortunately we didn't