“Dated appearance, plenty of work needed, quiet room, low price”

Quality Inn Brookville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brookville
Reviewed July 17, 2014

If you're looking for a room for one night in Brookville and are concerned with just the price, this is the place. After checking in we were told to enter through the door at the far end of the building. The first thing we noticed was a handwritten sign on the door noting the key card reader didn't work so please leave the door propped open with the towel provided.

Our room was chock full of stains and a walk up the hall provided a variety of smells that seemed to combine the worst of smoking and chemicals. Still, the room had a small reefer and microwave and coffeemaker.

The breakfast was a bit dodgy but if you're not picky about your food you're all set.

The space was quiet and the price certainly inexpensive, that's true. and it's definitely easy-on, easy-off to I-80.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paris-Cemeteries

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We checked in while awaiting our new home to be ready. When those plans fell through The staff was more than accmadating in extending our stay. From Cindy who checked us in to Ashley who kept the breakfast well stocked each morning, They made every effort to ensure our comfort. The rooms are great!!! 2 big Queen size beds and a sink outside the bathroom so I could get ready for work while my kids showered.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the back so you can sit on your balcony and watch the deer that come to pl...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Snowbird1775
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We crawled into this hotel after being stuck in traffic for hours en route from NY to OH. We chose it due to its close proximity to I-80. Walking in after midnight to a dated exterior and lobby freaked us out a bit, especially when we heard there was no elevator. However, we were pleasantly surprised when entering our room! Room 210 had a large, renovated room with 2 queen beds, nice size fridge and a microwave . The bathroom was nice and there was an extra sink outside the bathroom. Great shower with a large rainfall shower head. Beds were on the soft side but comfy. WiFi signal was great but cell service was sketchy. A decent continental breakfast was included but we didn't partake in that. There were plenty of fast food joints and gas stations down the road. Overall, perfect pit stop to rest with nice, clean modern rooms. You'll get a good night's sleep here At a good price!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Linda10312
denise w, General Manager at Quality Inn Brookville, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you for your positive response to your stay at our Quality Inn. We like to heat that our efforts at updating our hotel are making a difference to our guests. We hope to continue this with outside renovations as well. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

While traveling to IN needed stop half way for night of rest. Had read reviews and decided to stay. It turned out to be great decision. From the time Cindy checked us in until we checked out all was more than we expected.

Room was clean well set up. Bed (king) comfortable, bathroom was very large and loved the counter space. We had to have second floor for smoking room, but was disappointed no elevator, that is the only reason we didn't stay @ this property on return home. But considering I used Choice Privilege points was a great deal. More than enough parking and area seemed quite safe, well lit.

Breakfast was more than adequate, with enough choices for all. I guess the only negative was the morning pastries, but just skip them. The seating area was pleasant and more than enough room for all.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gram33728
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Girlfriend and I were passing through on Interstate 80 heading to Ohio and stopped here for a night's sleep. That highway is very boring and full of semi's so it was nice to stop and take a break. When we arrived, Nav told us to go right instead of left so we didn't find hotel right away, but it is right next to highway. There are plenty of places to eat nearby like Pizza hut, burger king, mcdonalds, and a chinese place that we tried across the street. The food was terrible...

Anyway, when I arrived to check in, there was white paint I think splattered all over one of the columns when entering the lobby, not very appealing and a poor first impression. The Lobby itself was nice and appears to be a former Howard Johnson which I love due to Balconies.

The building appears freshly painted and there are attempts at landscaping outside. They poured new cement near side door but it looks terrible and is all cracked with huge gaps. Looks like an amateur tried to make the side walks. After the busted up side walk and paint all over the column at entrance of lobby, I was concerned what room might look like...

We got to room 202 and were pleasantly surprised. From front, it looks like hotel is two floors, but when looking at building from rear, it actually has three floors. Two top floors have balconies which is awesome! Ground floor has patios.

Our room was nicely renovated, and I was quite happy to see fresh paint, new carpet, new curtains for balcony, nice furniture, large flat screen tv, spotless bathroom, and nice bedding. Bathroom had very nice new faucets and granite counter tops for both sinks INSIDE AND OUTSIDE of bathroom, a great Hojo feature.

The AC could have been colder as we had it on full blast for the whole stay and were never actually cold but it was reasonably comfortable. The free WIFI was horribly slow which was frustrating at times.

Check in and out was quick and staff was friendly. They allowed us to stay until 11:30 AM which was nice. I didn't like how when I woke up, a receipt was at my door with full name and address, as concerns of identity theft are always a possibility. That should be given when I check out...

Breakfast was nice, waffles, yogurt, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, sausage, bread, bagels, danish, juice, coffee, cereal, and fruit. I was full and food was pretty good except for eggs which were terrible.

If I was ever in this area again, I would gladly stay here again, as while outside was freshly painted, they could pay attention more to details to make the outside of hotel look better, and please redo that concrete to side door by lobby. There was ice machines and vending machines.

The rooms were great and I slept reasonably well. They have done a wonderful job renovating the rooms and they are spacious and very comfortable!! The rate was very good as well and a great value! Our room faced the back and had a nice view of trees. On Balcony we can hear highway noise but inside room was silent. We liked how the outside balcony was newly painted as well but they didn't paint mental balcony railing well as it is chipping. Rest looks great! Great job fixing up this building just pay attention to details. Defnitely check out this hotel if you need a comfortable night's sleep! Only concern is, the sheet on bed looked inside out so I worry they may not wash it and just flip it before washing it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike M
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The staff was courteous and concerned if I had a question. The bed & pillows were not that great, but I slept well. No noises from the street or other guests. They had an exercise room that I did not use. There were no gross smells. The breakfast was decent, they had eggs & sausage along with cereals, yogurt etc. The A/C worked fine. A much better overall feel to the hotel compared to others in this price range, even though it is an older building. Easy to get to from the interstate, but not an excess of traffic.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mabelannc
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We've stayed here from time to time over the years but after reading some of the reviews I was apprehensive, as it sounded like perhaps it had fallen into disrepair. However the weather was very bad & options were limited so it was worth checking out ~ and I'm glad I did :-) The office area was a little dark but Destiny at the front desk was helpful and cheerful. I was pleasantly surprised to find a freshly painted room with large flat screen TV, fridge/micro (both spotless) decent linens, bright white with 4 fluffy pillows and an actual fitted bottom sheet on the very comfortable bed. Free wifi with great signal strength. All the rooms open into an interior hallway, but I requested one of the rooms with a sliding glass door because I prefer to bring in my luggage that way as it's easier for me. However the rooms along the back side of the property have a beautiful forested view. The bathroom had been remodeled with new sink and hardware & granite counters, very nice. Parking lot was well lit and I felt my vehicle was safe. My only complaint was there was some mold in the shower grout, yuck. The price was right and I'd probably stay here again ~ but ask to see your room before checking in to be sure it will work for you :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LINDA H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookville
Budget Host Gold Eagle Inn
#8 of 9 in Clarion
Hampton Inn Clarion
Hampton Inn Clarion
#2 of 9 in Clarion

Been to Quality Inn Brookville? Share your experiences!