“Just OK!”

Quality Inn Brookville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brookville
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel August 3, 2013 for a softball tourney in Punxsy. The outside looks quite shabby our room was ok, the sliding glass door lock was broken the room nice & big. The was comfy. The restaurant Pliers across the street was good. A nice buffet. This hotel would be AWESOME if it had a pool. We did not eat the breakfast. There were ALOT of gas well guys there....slightly creepy.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with 2 queen beds the ones with only one queen are quite small.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RumBum2435

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am very tolerant and easy going, but this hotel was dirty. I have never left anything less than 4 circles, that I can remember. When checking out, I mentioned to the desk clerk that I wasn't sure if the bathroom had been cleaned (I think it had been;however, being nit-picky, it would be nice if they would make the little "v" with the toilet paper. We've had dirty bathrooms before.) When checking the room to make sure we didn't forget anything, I found cookie pieces and whole and broken pretzel pieces under the bed-gross, please vacuum under the beds. The cleaning closet door was open and the closet itself was filthy-see picture. This makes me wonder about the conditions of the kitchen, laundry area, etc. This is a smoking/non smoking hotel. The non smoking hallway reeks of smoke to the point my boys both commented on it separately. My younger son and I ended up walking outside as it was bad enough to start triggering our asthma. The front desk says the housekeeping leaves the doors open and the smoke filters down the hallway. There is even a walkway separating the two areas. Inside the rooms were okay. The boys even commented how the housekeepers were doing a lot of standing around in the rooms not doing anything. Hopefully, something will change soon so it is cleaner. As another review said, there are signs of unfinished work. No big holes though. I was expecting a clean room, clean hotel with a nice breakfast -typical of most hotels with fruit, danish, juice and hopefully make your own waffles. (I don't remember the breakfast, it must have been good. I was too upset about the dirt and smoke.) I got a reasonably priced hotel that I won't go back to. The problems I encountered can easily be fixed-better cleaning!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Amy G
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stopped here because it was the approximate halfway point on our trip from CT to MI. I can't say anything negative about this hotel but nothing stands out about it. Check-in was efficient. The best thing about our stay was the breakfast. The powdweed scrammbled eggs were standard fare but they had sausage links too. Believe it or not, this was the best "hotel breakfast" we had on the trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bassman607
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Room was nice; halls do smell a little smoky, but room was fine. Appreciated the extra sink outside the bathroom. Breakfast was pretty normal, but better than a Days Inn we stayed at later in the week--included rolls, fake eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit, cereal, drinks.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Darista
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel has an updated facade, a sort of faux-Mediterranean look. The room interiors were very clean, and appeared to be recently updated, too; however, there were small signs of unfinished work. Our room had an irregularly shaped hole in the wall, probably five inches wide, near the window (which appears to be a permanently locked sliding door to the balcony). With the rest of the room appearing neat and well-maintained, this was a bit glaring. I don't understand why it wasn't patched and painted over. The balconies seem very small, so not being able to open the door doesn't seem like much of a loss.

The bathroom lacked a fan, which let the mirror fog up while I showered. There was a second sink outside the bathroom, which I was able to use for shaving. There was a dual light array in the bathroom that made me think there perhaps was a fan at one time, but it was replaced when the hotel was remodeled.

The hotel offered standard continental breakfast fare and cereal and self-service waffle iron, along with a warmer containing biscuits and gravy. My father had the biscuits and gravy and said they were quite good, but I don't really go in for that sort of thing so I had oatmeal and the last banana available instead. The coffee wasn't very good, but I had three cups anyway -- I'm that addicted to caffeine. Two were from the front desk area and a third was prepared in the room using the coffeemaker there. I noticed little difference in quality between them, but both were complimentary, so I probably shouldn't complain too much.

Television was basic cable. It doesn't seem that any premium channels would be available, even if you were willing to pay for them. I watched some Pennsylvania Supreme Court hearings on public access that I found rather interesting. At the conclusion of questions regarding a gambling case in which it was alleged that a $75,000 fine for stealing $200 from a casino constituted cruel and unusual punishment, one of the justices suggested that "...we take $200, put it on red, and let it ride until we get to 75,000." It is a safe bet that this justice spends most court recesses on vacation at the nearest casino!

The side entrance to our room was a sidewalk with a gently upward slope. The concrete showed evidence of recent heavy patching. I imagine in winter that it must be heavily salted and susceptible to damage by that and the freeze-thaw cycle. If you are disabled or heavily encumbered with luggage, it might be worth your while to go in the nearby front desk entrance. As I recall, the entrance was completely level, and it didn't seem that the concrete was heavily repaired, which I would speculate means that it doesn't get as icy in winter. The safety factor might outweigh the slightly longer distance to your room. As for the bathroom, I must agree with the previous reviewer that it did not appear to offer very good access for a disabled person. The shower was a tub, and the handrail did not appear to be of much use for help in getting on and off the commode. I am not sure that there are any special needs bathrooms available for people with disabilities, but I would definitely inquire, because this standard bathroom probably will not cut it if you use a wheelchair.

My father took a trip to the store and lost his keycard, but the front desk said this wouldn't be a problem, as they expired at 11. That was my only real interaction with the staff, other than a maid who warned me that I was about to try my key card on someone else's room (I was in 116, but I was about to go into 106 -- I probably hadn't had enough coffee yet). The staff seems friendly.

There was an exercise room that appeared to consist of some exercise bikes and weights and a small sauna. It was closed for the night when we arrived, and we didn't stick around long enough to check it out. Since the lights weren't on, I didn't get a very good look at it.

This is not the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. The weird hole was a bit disconcerting, but it didn't harm anything. The sheets were clean and the roof didn't leak, which have been the principal criteria on which inns have been judged from the dawn of history. If you want a mani-pedi, you probably came to the wrong place. But if you are coming late and leaving early, this place has everything you need, unless your needs include wheelchair access, in which case I would definitely ask about the bathing arrangements.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank josephbren
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I are Choice Privelage members. We were invited to a wedding in Punxsutawny so we wanted to find a choice hotel in the area. I booked online and was pretty excited to have found a 'decent looking' hotel (from what the pictures show). I was surpirsed when my gps told me to turn into this parking lot. It looked little like the pictures and the parking lot had about 2 inches of snow on it with no signs of a snow plow anytime soon. Having already made the reservations, I couldnt change my mind now. The lobby was decent and the front desk attendant was friendly, but once we got to the hallway, all I smelled was the smell of stale cigarettes. I know this hotel has smoker friendly rooms but for someone like my boyfriend and I (who do not smoke) it wasn't very pleasant. Our room was mediocre to say the least. It wasnt as clean as it should be. We were actually afraid to use the coffee maker in our room because it looked like it had just been rinsed out instead of cleaned. Needless to say, we will not be returning on our next trip in December.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank brib245
Reviewed March 24, 2013

As we drove up I was not sure I should stay there eventhough I had made reservations. Once in the room it was fine and clean. It had a hot shower and clean bed something we needed since we were just traveling through. The Breakfast in the morning was very good with biscuits and gravy, wafffles, milk juice etc

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank opa1945
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookville
Park Inn by Radisson Clarion
#2 of 9 in Clarion
Motel 6 Clarion, PA
Motel 6 Clarion, PA
#7 of 9 in Clarion

Been to Quality Inn Brookville? Share your experiences!