“Good diner”

Chestnut Hill Diner
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 2, 2016 via mobile

My kids and I come to this diner about once a month only for breakfast. We like the taste of the food and the prices are good. Eggs and bacon are made well. Our second favorite diner in the Lehigh Valley area.

Reviewed December 31, 2015

My wife and I visited the Chestnut Hill Diner on 12/31/15 for a late breakfast. We were welcomed and seated promptly and our server came to our table within 1 minute and quickly fetched our drink order. Restaurant was spacious, comfortable and appeared to be very clean. (I always take notice of the light fixtures and window sills which were immaculate) Our server was friendly and efficient and took our order and returned with the food in no time flat. Breakfast was hot and portions were large and price was very reasonable. Our server kept my coffee cup filled which is important to my enjoyment at a diner. Food quality was typical for a GOOD diner and I would definitely recommend and return to the Chestnut when I am in the area.

Reviewed December 11, 2015

Chestnuthill Diner is hit or miss. Breakfast is always good, but the lunch specials can sometimes be AMAZING, and sometimes just be, meh. Nevertheless, I continue to eat here never knowing whether I will leave full and satisfied, or having only eaten two bites of my food. The soups are always good, albeit to salty, but good. There are always fresh baked pastries as well. If you like diner food, this is the place for you, if not, I'd say avoid it.

Reviewed October 29, 2015

I took my 70 year-old mother, my 23 year old son, and myself to supper here. It was the first and last time I shall go there. The Yankee Pot Roast?....Gluey, very salty, to the point that it burned my tongue. The Soup, or should I say "Goop' of the day, was horrible, briney, no flavor, unless you count salt as flavor. The broth was grey. When is chicken soup supposed to be grey? Never. The shrimp cocktail had freezer-burnt shrimp, that were smelly and soggy, and had a faint scent of bleach to them, as if they were trying to wash the stink off the freezer burned shrimp. They gave ketchup with it, when the norm is cocktail sauce. While we were waiting forever for the food, I asked if they had WiFi, the waitress said, "Yes. But it's the family who live in the building. They're Mexican and illegal and we're not supposed to say they live here." After the food came I complained and the waitress couldn't comprehend why I did not want to eat the slop they served posing as food. Instead she kept trying to ply us with a carafe of house wine. Perhaps management thinks if the customers get drunk enough, they won't care they're eating garbage? Avoid this disgusting place at all costs!

1  Thank Kim F
Reviewed October 14, 2015

We got to the diner late, about an hour before closing, we were the only patrons and the service was still a disappointment. The waitress nearly ignored us when we walked in, begrudgingly removing her attention from her phone. The food was standard diner fare.