“Best Mexican Anywhere!”

Tamarindos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Broad Axe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Really, The food at Tamarindos is EXCELLENT! I have never in 5 plus years had a bad meal there. The staff is very friendly and the prices are reasonable. The owner Fernando is super hospitable. This is one of if not my favorite restaurants.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

TAMARINDOS is a very pleasant surprise in the burbs outside of Ambler. Although the outside looks very unimpressive, the inside is comfortable and decorated with interesting modern art. Not the usual Mexican stuff. The food is different from most other Mexican restaurants. If you are looking or tacos and enchiladas, you are in the wrong place. The food is very interesting and most important, delicious. The service when we were there was nothing to complain about, but did nothing to enhance our experience. When we tried to engage the hostess about the menu (she was helping with tables) she was uninterested. We shared the Sopa De Jaiba for an appetizer. Its a corn cake pattie with beans, crab, etc that was outstanding. Very different taste. My wife had the Puntas A La Poblano which was excellent. Not too spicy and the pablano sauce was really good. The beef was tender and cooked just right. I had the Arrachera Enchipotlada. A spicy sauce on a perfectly cooked skirt steak. The sauces at Tamarindos are apparently a strong point. I expected a pretty standard Mexican fare and was surprised by a real difference in the cuisine. They say its influenced by the cuisine from the Yucatan peninsula. Also, they make a lot about giving you a free Margarita with each entree. The Margarita wasn't the best I've ever had, but it was good enough and made an excellent compliment to the food. Otherwise, it is BYOB. My only suggestion to the owners is to turn the music down a couple of notches. In any case, when you are craving Mexican, but don't want the usual Tex-Mex enchiladas etc, our experience is that Tamarindos will provide you with an great alternative.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a cute spot to go for good Mexican food. The free Margaritas were tastey. Very casual atmosphere. The sevice was attentive but not hovering the entire meal.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have been going here since the kids were babies. The skirt steak special is always good and sometimes superior. The margaritas I have had (and I have had quite a few over the years) were good and alcoholic. the atmosphere is very friendly, even to wiggly kids....just bring your own non breakable cup or straw.We miss the black bean soup and the asparagus crab soup, but not enough to go elsewhere. When traveling with kids, come early to avoid waiting and bring cash. One of my kids is high functioning autistic and we do very well here when we come early.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is one of my favorite local restaurants. Though from the outside it doesn't look like much, it quickly upscales the atmosphere once you walk through the doors. Elegantly decorated with modern artwork, mood lighting and professional wait staff, it's no compromise. The menu is derived from the Yucatan region of Mexico. Portions are extremely generous and margaritas are free and unlimited with the purchase of an entree. That's right. You heard me. It's BYOB, but that's unnecessary if you're planning to have an entree. I've even been served margaritas while waiting to be seated. All this offsets a slightly higher than average price. However, you just can't complain knowing you're going to get margaritas and probably a second meal from the leftovers of such substantial proportions. Plus, it's local and authentic. I'll pay extra for that.

Been to Tamarindos Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!