“Loved them my whole life” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 44 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Ducktown, Tennessee
“Loved them my whole life”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Whether it's pizza or Italian dinners you can't beat this restaurant.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Philly
“Pleasantly Pleased at Second Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

Our 2nd visit to this long-time Bristol staple, proved even better than the first! At the first, the food was good but not above average. Tonight's choice was pass being yummy.
I chose the mozzarella salad as my appetizer. A large plate came filled with fresh mozzarella, roasted pepper strips, and sun-dried tomatoes -- all drizzled with fine oil olive and garnished with basil.
Dinner comes with a salad consisting of fresh salad greens with sun-dried tomatoes and FRESH olive (no salty taste!) slices. My lasagna had layers of pasta alternating with sausage and cheese covered with, I could have stood more, Marinara 'gravy'.
The cheesecake is not quite French nor NY. It's smoth, rich and floats over your tongue then delights your palate with its non-sugary taste.
Their bread is served HOT with a large dollop of whipped butter and its crusty on the outside and fluffy on the inside. The Chianti that accompanied my dinner was right for my meal but not for drinking alone.

• Visited September 2011
Levittown, Pennsylvania
“Cesare's is awesome-o!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

Cesare's is fantastic! Hands down the best pizza in the suburbs of Philly. My family has been patronizing the restaurant ever since I can remeber. "Pizza Mondays" were my favorite days of the week. I will always <3 it.

Philadelphia
“A step in the right direction”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

This is a modest restaurant that's trying very hard to be a bit innovative and deliver above average fare. They can get overwhelmed on a weekend, so patience is in order. As for the food, there's plenty to choose from and all of it is made to order. It can be a bit pricey for a small town restaurant (figure about $25 per person with a drink or two) but portions are sizable and always include a house salad, fresh bread and complimentary long hot peppers. A recent meal featured a stuffed pork chop with a cherry reduction sauce and pan fried tilapia - a big step up from your basic veal parm. Plenty of good pasta options.

As for service, it can be improved but a little understanding with the staff goes a long way.

Wine list is limited.

Levittown, PA
“Hated it since the first time I went....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

My family used to be the regulars that were mentioned in another review... I'm from a strong, large Italian family as are most of the customers. We were treated like family when I was little... however over the years success has gone to the owners head!!

The food was once out this world with a welcoming dining room plus a diner like area for quick pizza bites... it might look the same but my family hasn't been back in years and we, as most local italian families, refuse to ever return. Everything used to have 'mama's' touch and was special order - now it's like it comes from a can! The food has lost the special touch and leaves much to be desired!

As for the service, I remember when it was all older women - most of who were family to the owners. Today, it's rude teenagers or people how found have left the SERVICE industry years ago. Trust me, I've been in that kitchen - you don't want to know what type of service might be applied to your food.

If you want home cooked italian food with love, stay was from Radcliffe street and grab a jar of Ragu from the shelf! You may have to do the dishes, but you'll pay less, the service will be better, and the food will be close to handmade....