“What a Great Lunch!”

Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The King George II Inn established in 1681 is on the National Historic Registry as one of the oldest continuously operated Inns. We serve lunch and dinner 7 days a week with a view of the Delaware River from 2 of our 5 dining rooms. Join us!
Tabernacle,NJ
“What a Great Lunch!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The King George Inn was a very pleasant surprise. I was told it was nice, but for some reason Bristol, Pa. just didn't seem like the go to town that would have such a fine restaurant. Boy was I wrong. Old colonial charm, great food and friendly service. We had lunch on the second floor porch with a nice veiw of the Delaware River. My sliced prime beef sandwich was served with the best french fried sweet potatoes that I ever had and my wife's grilled chicken salid with fresh mellon was out of this world good. Great coffee and home made rice pudding with fruit topped off the nicest lunch that we have had in some time. Next time it will be for dinner.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank NJRile

Bristol PA
“Food is consistently good.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I scheduled a lunch meeting at the King George II Inn and as always, the food was excellent. Our waitress was right on point and we didnt have to wait or ask for anything. Our table had salads and burgers for lunch. Our guests were very impressed with the food and atmosphere. Get a seat looking out on the river.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank scalwag
Cherry hill
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Everything we have ordered here has been memorable. Positively delicious comfort food. But, who would know about this town or restaurant? We discovered the King George Inn because we go to the Bristol Riverside Theater (recommended by friends) for wonderful musical reviews. Town is ten minutes from Burlington Nj, just over the Burlington Bristol Bridge.

The food...heavenly. Start with the mushroom soup, so flavorful and incredible, that I ordered a large portion to go. First time we ate here my husband ordered meatloaf, something I would not order, tasted it; next time we came here I had to get the meatloaf. Moist, tons of flavor, great gravy, best mashed potatoes ever. Must get the fish and chips. Super crisp fish, best fries ever, amazing cole slaw.

This restaurant has great ambience, overlooking the Delaware. You want to sit downstairs by the window. Also nice, if you are a party of two is a booth in bar near piano. Delightful piano Friday and Saturday. You also have history with the amazing food (did I mention large portions, reasonably priced). The King George Inn dates back to the eighteenth century.

Find a nice weekend evening, reserve a table, and enjoy lovely food and music.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Artist8
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Unexpected treat outside of the city”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I prefer to dine in town where the selections are plenty and the food is exceptional. On this occasion, however, we were in the suburbs and decided to give this inn a try. The food was better than I thought it would be with a few unexpected menu options, like wahoo with coconut rice and pineapple. It was quite tasty. They also had a fresh oyster selection of the day.
Most of the clientele was up in years, with the majority of them dining prior to their show times at the Bristol River Theater. For that reason, the staff is programed to bring the food out rather quickly. The diner-like speed matched the consistency of the lobster bisque, which was extremely thick.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Julie D
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Great place to eat...don't be scared of Bristol!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Took a group of teachers earlier in the month. Its our annual lunch and they always request the King George Inn. I was able to order all of our dishes (7 of us) on the phone and everything was perfect when we arrived (we were pressed for time). The food, service and decor were great. I'm very happy they are open again! Order the crap dip for an app...unbelievable....

• Visited May 2013