“Scenic and great food”

Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The King George II Inn established in 1681 is on the National Historic Registry as one of the oldest continuously operated Inns. We serve lunch and dinner 7 days a week with a view of the Delaware River from 2 of our 5 dining rooms. Join us!
Philadelphia
“Scenic and great food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband had gone here for a business lunch and kept telling me how much I would like it. He knows me well. The King George II is a lovely old historic inn that overlooks a community park on the banks of the Delaware. The waitresses and waiters were all extremely pleasant and they managed to sit us on the porch where we could overlook the river even though we didn't have reservations. The food was excellent and I don't say that about many places. There was an assortment of dining rooms, from the more formal one with a fireplace, to the breezy informal porch overlooking the river. It looks as though there are tables on the brick patio overlooking the river as well for summer dining. And we will be back, maybe before the summer!! (and while you are there, drive or walk down the street - the old homes are really charming and historic)

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank janlud

Philly
“King George 11 is back and better than ever.”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Saturday evening we went to Bristol, Pa. to the King George 11 Inn. Approaching the Inn we saw the huge, beautiful decorated tree in the square. The friendly parking valet greeted us. We went to the bar and were greeted warmly by Rick the longtime bartender. The owner, who took the property back, last year, greeted us also. We enjoyed chatting with people and listening to the piano. We went to the table which had a view of the river. The food was very good. My husband and I enjoyed the raw oysters and our main courses were delicious.. The staff are helpful and do a great job. We shall be back soon.

LoLo

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank LoLoPhilly
Levittown, Pennsylvania
“Quiet and Romantic”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Want to take your wife or girlfriend to a nice romantic place. Then go here. The food is great as well as the atmosphere. Its dark, and quiet with candles on each table. Its the ideal place to pop the question.

2 Thank Robert C
Vero Beach, Florida
“Happy they are open again!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My friend and I really enjoyed coming here and one day we were sad to find it closed. Then on the net one day I saw they reopened! We went back on a summer evening and sat outside. It's a cool old historic inn that overlooks a park next to the Delaware. What a wonderful setting for a perfect summer night! The food was very good and portion were perfect. We started with the shrimp and andouille sausage which were huge and delicious. I had the shrimp with capellini and my friend the short ribs. Both were fabulous. Our server was a young, bright woman who was attentive and sweet. We loved the idea of the BYOB night too! Very creative. It's great place for a quiet evening be it dinner or business, with great food a wonderful staff.

• Visited October 2012
Bristol, Pennsylvania
“King George Inn”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The night we were there it seemed to be a limited menu. However the food was fabulous and it was "bring your own bottle" night. The staff was knowledgeable and courteous.

Visited May 2012