“Rare find in the south hills”
Review of Rum fish Grille

Rum fish Grille
Ranked #20 of 62 Restaurants in Bridgeville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Rumfish Grille offers a great variety of american foods with a Caribbean twist. We have a full bar, lounge and seasonal patio and porch. We host live music Thursday through Saturday (acoustic). In the warmer months, our beach patio features live entertainment and DJ's, check our website for our calendar of events. The "beach" at Rumfish is open Wednesdays through Saturday. We have extensive lounge seating and fire pits to cozy up to for eats, drinks and other treats!
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
“Rare find in the south hills”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Visited the restaurant on Saturday night for the first time. We arrived about 5:20 and were promptly seated. The restaurant has an upscale hip feel. It almost seems like something you would find downtown. On this visit the weather was mild so the whole side of the restaurant was open to the outside bar area. We ordered and did get rosemary baked bread and butter while waiting for our food. I ordered a Pinot Grigio. It was so good, I thought they brought me the $10 glass instead of the $6 glass- the pour was generous too. I had Mahi Mahi and my husband had rainbow trout- priced $17 and $19. Each dinner included choice of two sides and a sauce for the fish (I did on the side just in case). I had fingerling potatoes and asparagus and my husband had rice and asparagus. Dinner was cooked to perfection. My husband did opt for a salad for an additional fee- salad was large and he said very good. The portions were fairly normal for a seafood dinner out. It was on the light side because nothing on my plate was fried...which I did appreciate. Our service was excellent and we will return for dinner. After dinner we went outside to the bar area to meet friends. On a Saturday night by 9 the bar is very busy. Its a really amazing atmosphere considering its in a strip mall. I see this as a bonus as I am local and frequent that area anyway. All in all I say- try it!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank kristaPGHPA

Pittsburgh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shrimp Cocktail”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Would you believe that in a seafood restaurant that they would sooner have me walk out the door than serve me a shrimp cocktail that is not on the menu. I have never heard of anything so absurd. The front end manager said my request could not be honored because it was company policy not to provide a shrimp cocktail when a cocktail trio was offered on the menu which I didn't want. So there went the $100 tab that we would've probably run up drinking and eating that they will never see from me nor my friends because of their unaccommodating company policy. Maybe they should rethink their company policy and people like me and others might return when and if they decide to accommodate the request of the patron.

Yearning for shrimp

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lloyd S
Pittsburgh, PA
“Service was terrible”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Waited an interminably long time for our lunches. A big deal made out of 1 person getting a roll or piece of bread with their salad. Staff finally said she could have a piece of the "leftover" rosemary bread from dinner the night before but it took 20 min to get it. The table got cleared and we waited 15 min to get our dessert orders taken...another long wait for the dessert to come. The restaurant wasn't even busy while we were there. The mixup with the bills in our group was ridiculous and took another 15-20 min to get straightened out. Too bad Rumfish Grille...you have really good food and a beautiful outdoor seating area but very poor service. Shame on you for not caring enough . . .

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 669DebraK
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pass on this One”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Read the negative reviews on this one but tried it anyway. Should have followed the reviews and passed on this one . The bar tenders were Inattentive and uninterested in the patrons. They were interested in talking and joking among themselves. Hard to get served more than one drink. The oysters were pretty average but the wedge salad was bad. Hard to figure how one can screw that up but The Outback's and Houlihans are far better and less money. The menu was overpriced and although the bar was packed during happy hour, the restaurant lacked customers. Perhaps others read the reviews and followed them. Sure wish we had. There are too many good restaurants in the area to waste money on this one.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank LindaW2545
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Huge improvement”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We tried Rumfish a few months ago and it was just OK, really nice place, but food was average. We heard the outdoor beach section was now open, so we went again. Much better experiance overall. It was very busy but front of house staff were well organized and use cellphone to contact you when table is ready which I think is fine rather than carrying a pager. Our wait for a table for four was 1 hour 15 mins after arriving at 7:15. So we checked out the beach area which is actually classed as a seperate area so charges a cover after 9pm but its free if you dine in the grill. Nice concept, water features, sofa's and firepits, its certainly unique in the area and I was impressed with efficency of wait staff out there. Got the call our table was ready spot on time, we had two other friends join us last minute, so asked if table could be made a six and the girls at desk sorted it immediately, could not of been better. Food was excellent, I had scallops with soba noodles, wonderful. Everyone enjoyed it and we will be back for more.

• Visited August 2013