“Good Food, Poor Service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tambellini Bridgeville Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good Food, Poor Service”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Tambellini's has been around for a very long time and almost everyone in Bridgeville has been here once or twice. They've certainly made a name for themselves but now comes the tough part of keeping up that reputation. It would seem easy with their generous portions, multi-course meals, and good food. The prices are matched with the quantity and quality of food and the atmosphere is what you would expect in a nice mom and pop Italian restaurant. Unfortunately, the only downfall to mention is their service. The waitstaff continually appear to be confused--not serving bread consistently, tending to some tables while neglecting others, etc. If this small (but very noticeable) problem could be resolved, then Tambellini's could be back to its former and well-deserved glory.

• Visited August 2012

North Carolina
“Ignore any of the negative”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This weekend I made reservations from North Carolina for my mothers 75th B-day party at this resturant. It was awesome across the board. First making reservations for guests from the carolinas to Pittsbirgh had me a bit worried and trying to get the number of guests correct seemed my concern. It was no issue for these folks who prepared for extra in advance and had plenty of room should a few unplanned guests dropped in. the food was top notch in the old famlly style that this resturant has been known for since I was a child and our "personal" wait staff went far above the expected to make our party and especially the "Guest of honor" special. This is a must stop if your planning a trip and want the traditional feel of the city. Just off I-79 it is really convenient. If you think Olive Garden or Carrabas is real italian food don't bother stopping here cause your tatse buds will never let you go back to a chain resturant again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank fmattship
Pennsylvania
“The best eggplant parm!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I recently attended a small party there and the food was very good. The eggplant parm was the best!!

Visited March 2013
Carnegie, Pennsylvania
“HORRIBLE !!!!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This restaurant is a disaster!!! I just recently had a small party there for my son's baptism and it was a horrible experience. First, they didn't even place us in the room that I had requested and did not even call me to give me a heads up. Instead, upon arrival to restaurant I found out that my party of 25 would be in the dining room!!! Next, the buffet order was completely wrong!!! My mother and I then cut and served the cake ourselves. The best part was when we expected an adjustment to our bill they refused!!! Since this nightmare of an experience I've been telling everyone I know to stay clear of this place. It's amazing how many people have had similar experiences there!! They should just shut down and call it a day!!!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank GinaS890
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Fine Family Restaurant”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

It is well worth the 45 minute drive from my house. I have been coming to the Tambellini Bridgeville restaurant for 10 plus years and have never been disappointed. The menu selection is extensive and includes veal, pasta, seafood, and many specialty dishes plus daily specials. The service is attentive and very friendly. The food is scrumptous served piping hot! The atmosphere is comfortable and cozy. Bottom line this is my favorite restaurant and one of the top restaurants in the Pittsburgh area!

• Visited December 2012