“Boarding ok”

52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“Boarding ok”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've boarded horses here for years before I had my own farm. They did a nice job and were very friendly.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great family place”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Went family horse back riding and had a great time. My son came back again with his girlfiend :-) Very relaxing

Visited August 2012
mcdonald
“Rolling Hills Ranch is BEAUTIFUL!!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I highly recommend this place for a relaxing time. The horses seemed very well taken care of when I was there. They even had a R&R field for tired horses that got the day off!!! lol. The trails are beautiful. The horses seem well behaved, if you are honest with your riding ability then you shouldn't have a problem...I get more advanced horses bc I've been riding for a long time and I've never had a problem. My kids get the "beginner" horses because they don't have much experience...the horses don't want to go sometimes but that's because they're not sure what my kids are asking from them when they're pulling back on the reins and kicking at the same time!!! The horses are confused but very tolerant and patient at the same time:))) The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Visited August 2012
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“For the experienced rider...”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am very experienced, and I was looking to "rent" a horse to ride, as I do not own one anymore. The $25/hour is pretty reasonable, but the hour goes quite fast. Yes, the staff is laid-back; however, I prefer this as I've ridden in uptight barns before where staff constantly yells. I enjoy the laid-back pace here, and the horses that I have rode were well behaved. I do think that inexperienced riders damage the horses by constantly running them in the same field (so when you approach the field, the horses are geared up and want to run, even if you want to walk) and it's the same with heading back to the barn. Riders, don't be stupid. Listen to the staff and guides and don't run the horses back to the barn. I've seen people doing this and all it does is make for a barn sour horse that never wants to leave the barn. It's a shame...

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Fred D
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“old grey mare”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

my experience was back in the late 70s. i found the experience concept a great idea, but the animals seemed to be overworked and lethargic.

1 Thank mj m