“Great Lebanese food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shouf's Cafe

Shouf's Cafe
Ranked #3 of 62 Restaurants in Bridgeville
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Lebanese food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Love this place. Living in Cecil I feel lucky to have this place within 5 minutes of my home. In a suburb filled with wing joints, burger joints and chains it's a breath of fresh air. The atmosphere is quaint but comfortable and the wait staff is very friendly. Mazza Platter is a no-brainer for us as the Baba Ghannouj and Hummus are out of this world. I usually alternate between the filet and lamb and they're always spot on, cooked as ordered, and seasoned perfectly. My wife is stuck on the Moussaka and pretty much refuses to order anything else so that's a resounding endorsement from a picky eater. I don't make it in too often for breakfast but when we have an opportunity, their classics are tasty and good along with a few twists.

1 Thank Estcoast1

Pittsburg, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food in town !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

After driving by this place for so many years , we finally stopped in .
It was one of the best food ever had for a really long time , the place had a warm neighborhood feel to it .
The hummus was excellent and the service by the owner Rabih stopped by our table and made sure everything was ok he even gave us a complementary baklawa it was awesome .
We will definitely be back soon .

1 Thank Jen K
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A great spot for Lebanese food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our family of four enjoyed our recent dinner at Shouf's. We had no reservation on a Friday night @6, but they still were able to find us a table. We enjoyed falafel, excellent hummus, and lentils. The service was exceedingly friendly, and the atmosphere very lively with the addition of a belly dancer! We will definitely return.

2 Thank abaram
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best Middle Eastern Food in a long time, even my kids loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

After driving by this little place for a long time, we were finally able to stop in and try their fare since they are now open on Tuesday and Sunday for dinner. Sunday is usually our family day, so after a trip to the symphony with our 10 and 14 year old daughters, we decided to stop at Shoufs for dinner. As soon as we walked in, we were greeted as if we were family. Since the kids had never had middle eastern food, we basically treated this as a tapas restaurant and ordered many small plates from the appetizer menu. The lamb kabobs were by far the famiy favorite..done perfectly. Even my chicken-finger eating, picky 10 year old gobbled down the lamb. By contrast, the chicken kabobs were a tad too peppery for her, but we grownups enjoyed them immensely. The spinach and meat pies were very good, but my personal favorite was the fried kibbee special they had that day. It was exactly as I remembered from my high school days of living next to a Syrian grandmother who would share her native recipes with the neighborhood kids. I haven't had kibbee like that for 20 years. My oldest daughter enjoyed her gyro plate immensely. There was so much food that she had plenty for lunch the next day. And of course, we ended the meal with baklava. The kids now rate this as one of their two favorite restaurants, the other being Monteray Bay on Mount Washington. They want to come back next Sunday for dinner again!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Karen K
Pennsylvania
“I was hoping for more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I recently tried Shouf's for dinner. It does definitely have a warm neighborhood feel to it. It was quickly filled up with many regulars early on a Saturday night. We decided to order a bunch of different appetizers to try. The hummus was the best thing. The stuffed grape leaves were baked and served hot and had meat in them. They were pretty good. The other middle eastern dishes we tried - meat pie, spinach and feta pie, moussaka, were just okay so we were a little disappointed and will not be going back as there are other places to go with better tasting middle eastern dishes in the area.

• Visited April 2013