“Best Middle Eastern Food in a long time, even my kids loved it”
Review of Shouf's Cafe

Shouf's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 63 Restaurants in Bridgeville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

After driving by this little place for a long time, we were finally able to stop in and try their fare since they are now open on Tuesday and Sunday for dinner. Sunday is usually our family day, so after a trip to the symphony with our 10 and 14 year old daughters, we decided to stop at Shoufs for dinner. As soon as we walked in, we were greeted as if we were family. Since the kids had never had middle eastern food, we basically treated this as a tapas restaurant and ordered many small plates from the appetizer menu. The lamb kabobs were by far the famiy favorite..done perfectly. Even my chicken-finger eating, picky 10 year old gobbled down the lamb. By contrast, the chicken kabobs were a tad too peppery for her, but we grownups enjoyed them immensely. The spinach and meat pies were very good, but my personal favorite was the fried kibbee special they had that day. It was exactly as I remembered from my high school days of living next to a Syrian grandmother who would share her native recipes with the neighborhood kids. I haven't had kibbee like that for 20 years. My oldest daughter enjoyed her gyro plate immensely. There was so much food that she had plenty for lunch the next day. And of course, we ended the meal with baklava. The kids now rate this as one of their two favorite restaurants, the other being Monteray Bay on Mount Washington. They want to come back next Sunday for dinner again!

1  Thank Karen K
There are newer reviews for Shouf's Cafe

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I recently tried Shouf's for dinner. It does definitely have a warm neighborhood feel to it. It was quickly filled up with many regulars early on a Saturday night. We decided to order a bunch of different appetizers to try. The hummus was the best thing. The stuffed grape leaves were baked and served hot and had meat in them. They were pretty good. The other middle eastern dishes we tried - meat pie, spinach and feta pie, moussaka, were just okay so we were a little disappointed and will not be going back as there are other places to go with better tasting middle eastern dishes in the area.

2  Thank cdmott
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I am not a fan of grape leaves, period. Except for at Shouf's, they are incredible! Their breakfasts are also quite delicious and a great value!

2  Thank Robert T
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have driven by dozens of times and never been and tonight finally decided to try it out. The cafe is a small, warm, welcoming place and has a very neighborhoody, comfortable environment speckled with some happy regulars. We were greeted immediately and seated within minutes, which was a pleasant surprise based on the bustling dining room. From the minute we walked in the door we were treated with the best service I have had in a long time. The cafe is clean and comfortable and the food is spot on awesome and everything Lebanese that you could want. The baba ganoush is killer, and the sleek, hummus, tabouli, gyro platter and raw kibbee all amazing (yes we ate all of that in one meal). A great meal and experience all around. I will definitely be back...maybe even for breakfast tomorrow.

1  Thank DevonCole
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went to Shouf's this past Saturday night for dinner. Looks like a house so it's easy to drive by, but don't! Easy to get to, with plenty of free parking. As usual, the place was lively and welcoming. Whether a regular or a newbie, everyone is always greeted like a returning friend. The staff is friendly and helpful. It's so inviting that one might want to go there just for coffee. But, wait, the food is excellent! It's Middle Eastern food at it's best. The salad with lemon dressing that comes with your meal is large and tasty. I always think I'll just eat half so I have more room for my meal, but that never happens! They have loads of appetizers and all the standards you would look for, but even better. For example, I always get the beef kabobs, which are filet mignon. The meat is so tender and tasty, and they don't skewer it, so you don't have to struggle with it and knock stuff off your plate! And I love the loobyah (green beans). it's well-seasoned. Oh, and the humus, the grilled tomatoes, I could go on. (By the way, there are plenty of choices if you are veggie.) My husband usually gets the gyro platter, which he loves. When we go with friends, we get the dinner for 4 or more, and it's huge with choices of appetizers and main courses, etc. They even have a couple if good tasting wines. Their baklava is delightful, but I had the creamy, perfectly spiced pumpkin pie. I'm getting hungry just writing this review! I love this place :)

3  Thank Amadancer1