See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2015

Exceptable over night stay, comfortable bed, plenty of towels, friendly, quiet location, standard breakfast, easy in, easy out, easy booking. Did not use pool so can't review it. Staff helpful checking in and out.

Date of stay: September 2015
MGRBRI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2015

pdcanguy,

We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments and are very happy to hear that your stay was exceptional.

Reviewed September 7, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is conveniently located near highways, gas stations, and some restaurants. The hotel lobby was clean and modern. The rooms were definitely on the older side. Overall clean, except the sticky guest information book in the room. The pool was old, but OK. The work out equipment was only a few free weights, and elliptical, bike, and treadmill. All of which were old. Overall, and OK hotel but not the nicest holiday inn express we have stayed in.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MGRBRI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2015

Stephanie S ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. We are very pleased to hear that you found our location to be convenient for your needs.

Reviewed August 23, 2015

This was my first stay at a road side Holiday Inn Express in many years. I am a die hard Hampton Inn customer. This hotel was nice and fairly clean. The lobby was very nice and the outside was well kept. It's the little things that keep it from being on par with Hampton. The room had some spots of damage around base boards. The beds weren't as comfortable. The breakfast was not as extensive. They did have a pancake maker, but it was broken. The employee stated that it had been broken for a couple weeks. The rolls were a little dry and the eggs were cold. The staff was very friendly.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
MGRBRI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2015

Thank you for taking the time so share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet you expectations. Please not that we have shared your concerns with the appropriate departments.

Reviewed August 23, 2015

Check-in was great. Room was nice, but smelled of mold. HOT, so AC going. Line of black mold at the bottom of the curtains near the AC. Slept late after a 10 hour drive, therefore woke up on the late side for breakfast. Showed up at 9:40 am - breakfast from 7-10 am. Pancake maker was broken and there was only #1 small egg omelet - there were four people in our party. When I asked the attendant if we could have some more eggs she responded, "They take 10 minutes to cook, don't show up late if you want eggs! If you show up late tomorrow, you won't get eggs either!"

• Trip type: Traveled with family
MGRBRI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2015

Karl M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your very candid comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback is essential to educating our team members on good and bad service. We will ensure your comments are shared with all team members. We hope you will give us another try and stay with us again the next time your are in the area.

Reviewed August 4, 2015

I booked this hotel through a third-party internet company, so I did get a hefty discount on the room, however, that shouldn't matter. Upon check-in, I asked for a rollaway cot for my son, as we are a family of five. The gray haired man at the desk first told me he didn't think he would have one, but would check, but then went on to say they didn't like to put rollaways in their double rooms, as it was a fire hazard. I said I'd take my chances, so he said he'd let me know. We were given our room key and went to the room, which was on the first floor, right near the pool. The first thing that I noticed was the smell....very musty, with a slight urine undertone. Ok, maybe with the air conditioner turned up to high, it would improve. Walked into the room and found a Styrofoam to-go box filled with someone's leftover food, and decided to look around a little more. I found a soap wrapper in the trash can, a half-full frozen water bottle in the fridge and a full cup of old coffee sitting in the microwave. I was honesty afraid to open the bathroom door because it seemed like we were given an occupied room! I gathered up these item and went to the desk, where the desk guy apologized and immediately changed our room. So we gathered up all our stuff and trudged to the new room. The second one was much better, though we did find a drink mix wrapper behind the curtains. The bathroom was clean except for the edges/corners of the floor, there was a lot of crud there. It seems like the cleaning staff needs to be retrained and/or replaced--they are cutting corners! So we settled in and then went to dinner. When we returned, there was no rollaway, so I went to the front desk and asked again, at which time I was told there wasn't one available. I then had to ask for extra bedding so we could make my 6-year-old son a bed on the floor. I was given a bed comforter and the small blanket-thing they put on the foot of the made bed. Luckily, my son had his own blanket, but we did use the comforter so he didn't have to sleep on the carpet (ew!). The breakfast was decent and the lady working it was attentive and helpful. The pool area looked nice and we used the outside patio area, but the pool itself had debris/hair floating--gross. Overall, very disappointing--I expected better based on reviews, and had I paid full price for my room, I'd have asked for a refund.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
MGRBRI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2015

LH22268,

Thank for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All of your comments are important to letting us know what we are doing right and where we are not doing so great. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with our entire staff. Furthermore, I will personally supervise that all of your complaints are addressed and that these issues are corrected. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please feel free to contact me directly at 412-914-2000 if you would like to discuss them further we me.