Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bridgeville
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights, and the other hotels in the area had poor reviews and downtown Pittsburgh establishments were just too costly. Very close to I79 and a pretty easy on/off, the grounds were clean and well-kept. Lobby and breakfast area also really neat. The room, with 2 double beds, was decent sized. It was laid out a little oddly, with the bathroom door opening out so that you either had to keep it closed to get in and out of the room, or not be able to enter and exit with it opened. The room itself was also very clean, although the bathroom needed detailing (a little mold stain on the wallpaper and base-tiles), and we had reason to believe that the bed linens were not changed during our stay. The beds were really comfortable, though. The AC, one of the older units at the base of the window, was plenyy cool but the room remained somewhat humid. Breakfast was good and the front desk staff very courteous and friendly. All in all about the best option in the area south of downtown Pittsburgh. Plenty of outstanding dining options just north (about 5-6 miles) of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I think they do what they need to do. I didn't feel like any extra effort was made, and for a two night stay it doesn't really need to be. However for the price I expected much much more. Rooms are small which is part of the "Express" product. Front desk does the job but I think the manager should think about putting different people on the afternoon shift. I got a very weird impression from the staff. They were distracted and didn't really answer my questions. Their people skills are not high and I think below an acceptable level in the hotel industry. I would not make an effort to stay here again but wouldn't avoid it if I had to stay in the area and I was able to get a price that was considerably under what I paid!

Room Tip: Get a deal. Otherwise the product isn't worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear JPTR_13,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service from our staff which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a bathroom that was split into two parts. I woke my wife and father in law when I used the sink and turned the light on which lit up the whole room. The shower and toilet were in a room but the sink was in the common area. We had a double but we weren't expecting this level of commonality.

Room Tip: we had a room where the bathroom was split into two parts - I woke everyone up when I used the sink...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Barry C,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stopped here for 1 night on the way to Myrtle Beach last year (Aug 24 - 2013) and am just in the process of planning to stop here again this year on the way down. Nice clean hotel worth the money. Our room had a fridge and microwave and 2 queen beds that were very comfortable. We also used the indoor pool before going which was nice for the kids to expend some energy before hopping into the truck to drive some more. It was also great to have breakfast right there in the morning (nothing fancy, but it certainly did the job!)
I would highly recommend this as a clean and plesant place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here with our 2 kids while visiting family, for one night. It's not near attractions, per se, but is right off I-79, giving easy access to/from airport and downtown. Our room had 2 double beds, which were spacious enough and comfortably firm. Room also had a nice flat screen TV, plus a microwave and a good-sized fridge, though we only stayed 1 night and didn't use either. Also had a table and 2 chairs. Even on a Saturday night, hotel was quiet.

Bathroom was a bit tight but fine. Good pressure and plenty of hot water. Shower head was low (I'm 5' 7" and had to duck) and tub was slow to drain. Room overall was clean and seemed well-kept.

Pretty good breakfast buffet... good coffee, lots of breads, cereal, fruit and decent scrambled eggs. Try the pancake machine -- it delivers two in about a minute, and they were light and fluffy ... delicious. A nice touch -- as I was eating, a staffer offered me a free Sunday Post-Gazette, which I enjoyed with my breakfast.

All in all, a good experience. I'd stay here again if the need arose.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank SteveM39
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel is absolutely wonderful. Super clean, excellent staff, very comfortable. I have to travel a ton for work and it is so nice to stay in a place that is excellent on all fronts. I had no complaints. I was on a 12 day business trip, and I moved to this hotel 10 days into my trip. I was originally staying at a hotel 6 miles away that turned out to be horrible. Play it safe and stay here! Your won't regret it!

Room Tip: Pet friendly
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just got back from a two night wknd stay at this hotel. We were in town for my nephew's college grad. We had previously stayed here once before when visiting my nephew & enjoyed it. The appeal was that it's an affordable hotel (compared to staying closer to the college campus) & it's clean as well. That was still the case this time around. The staff are very friendly & helpful & the daily breakfasts are pretty good. The down side to staying here is that it's about 30 min. from the college & city. This past wknd, traffic was esp. congested due to college grad. & it took us an hour to get to the Friday night commencement. But I understand this isn't the hotel's fault & it's the reason why they offer such an affordable rate. My one complaint from this past wknd was that there were a bunch of families w/ young children (approx ages of 3-10) staying on our floor & the kids were running around, unsupervised, up & down the hallway & abusing the elevator. We also received knocks on our doors from these kids. Where were the parents??? Needless to say, they were very disruptive. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeville
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Bridgeville
#4 of 5 in West Mifflin
Omni William Penn Hotel
Omni William Penn Hotel
#7 of 72 in Pittsburgh

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville? Share your experiences!